Clock reset on a Miller move?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
How Miller plays in Sochi wouldn't change how many buyers at the deadline need a goalie. And that will be the #1 determining factor on how much Murray can get for him.

I wish everyone would just stop beating this horse. It's been endless since before the last trade deadline. Every possible argument has been laid out and bantered to oblivion. He will be traded or he won't. Either way, some will say I told you so while puffing out their chests, while the rest will be screaming they can't believe how dumb the Sabres are and bemoaning the fact that this will be a real detriment to what Buffalo hopes to achieve in the future.

Let's just wait and see what happens and then light up the keyboards.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Dear Murray:

Give Miller to the Blues for a bag of pucks if you have to.

He was a good soldier with a **** team that was so bad that we killed his hopes of playing for Team USA. We owe it to him.

Tell him Buffalo loves him and we want him to have the cup.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Dear Murray:

He was a good soldier with a **** team that was so bad that we killed his hopes of playing for Team USA. We owe it to him.

Not a chance. St.Louis fans would laugh at us forever. Nope. No.
If they want the cup it's going to cost them and help our rebuild.

toejam56

May 2, 2013
Witness protection
Who said anything about that? I suggested a fan/poster wishes good for Miller out of his own respect for Miller's game. Go trudge somewhere else.
Sabres Fan can rightfully wish Miller be moved to a team that can win the cup.
Sabres TEAM ie GMTM cannot factor that sentiment into the equation. If the Sabres choose to move Miller, their responsibility is to move him to the highest bidder. Nothing more..nothing less.
Therefore, the Sabres do not owe Miller a thing.
Oh by the way, I am actually Sabresfansince1972, so..mine is bigger than yours.
So go trudge yourself.

Karate Johnson*

Dear Murray:

Screw that. I don't care about a single player on the Sabres as an individual. Miller gets paid a bunch to play hockey, we donMt "owe" him a god damn thing.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Not a chance. St.Louis fans would laugh at us forever. Nope. No.
If they want the cup it's going to cost them and help our rebuild.

Sabres don't owe Miller a thing. They show him respect twice a month on payday.

Exactly. We get a 1st or I say don't move him at all. Murray can't get fleeced on first deal, sets tone for the future. Let him walk, if you have to,

Screw that. I don't care about a single player on the Sabres as an individual. Miller gets paid a bunch to play hockey, we donMt "owe" him a god damn thing.

Hey guys, I hear you. I know what I'm saying is bad policy for the rebuild (although I will quibble with the idea that we should let him walk as opposed to accepting an underpayment). I know he got paid big time to be here.

I just can't help wanting to see him in actually get rewarded for all the suffering he's gone through with the team, knowing what a competitor he is, knowing how much faith he invested in the future of this franchise at one point, and knowing how thoroughly it has blown up in his face - which has to especially sting now that he's, IMO, the best American goaltender in Sochi and riding the pine largely because of the team he's played for.

Yes, he got paid, but after a certain amount of money, you can't buy off a guy's pride. I think he deserves to win a cup, and has the best chance to do that in St. Louis.

And I'm not even certain that doing something out of goodwill for the face of your franchise for a decade always blows up in your face. Sometimes, it shows that the organization has some class, does something for its reputation that an extra second rounder can't buy you.

I hear and respect all your points, but that doesn't make me feel differently about what I want to see the organization do here. I want them to do right by this guy if at all reasonable. Part of rooting for the team sometimes means rooting for the players who gave their best years to the team for me.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Sabres TEAM ie GMTM cannot factor that sentiment into the equation. If the Sabres choose to move Miller, their responsibility is to move him to the highest bidder. Nothing more..nothing less.
So go trudge yourself.

LMAO...good for you about 1972...who f-in cares?!?

You're the one picking a fight here...changing the subject from what one fan wants to what the front office should want. Quite friggin' obviously one has nothing to do with the other. I never thought I would have to specify that.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
So go trudge yourself.

And I'm Sabresfansince1964, so why dont you go.... wait a minute....

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If you listen to Murray's comments, he certainly would factor "doing right" by players in to the trades, not that I necessarily agree with it.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If no team offers much we can hold on to him and probably move his "rights" to a team for something similarly small before the free agent window opens.

Why on earth would we bother doing that? We get no value out of his last days here.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I don't think we have much to worry about Miller not being moved, it was stated by a few GM's that no one wants to pay a player they dont have to for the next 3 weeks who aren't going to play. That's why he has not been moved yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad