Pre-Game Talk: Clinched - The Tampa Bay Lightning are going to the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I'm starting to think Kuchie Guerrero might be the play.

Kuch cheat.jpg

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Love this boards playoff avatars: been lurker for awhile now but had to tell everyone in this thread these cracks us up every season. Much kudos to all making post and avatars happen, and would partake, but superstition while being a sports-superstition-freak prevents that. Yep, being a S.S.F. isn't easy....

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Kuch has to be Roman Reigns. We must acknowledge him as our Tribal Chief.

Kuch - Roman Reigns
Point - Jey Uso
Hagel - Jimmy Uso
Heddy - Solo Sikoa
Stammer - Paul Heyman

Our Blood Line.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Dumba - Faqooq (APA)
Cernak - Bradshaw (APA)
Perbix - Heath Slater (They look alike)
Raddysh - Stone Cold
De Haan - Doink 2 (Not Evil Doink)
Sergachev - Kevin Nash (Wheelchair with Broken Leg Meme)
Lilleberg - The Warlord

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Kuch has to be Roman Reigns. We must acknowledge him as our Tribal Chief.

Kuch - Roman Reigns
Point - Jey Uso
Hagel - Jimmy Uso
Heddy - Solo Sikoa
Stammer - Paul Heyman

Our Blood Line.
I have been waiting for years for that fraud to drop the belt. Dude doesn't even perform an elementary submission move in his matches. See one match and you've seen em all. It's kickouts, spears and Super Man punches -easily the stupidest name in history. Making Kuch Roman would be a disgrace.

If you're gonna put him in a clique, make him Flair in the Horsemen

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I have been waiting for years for that fraud to drop the belt. Dude doesn't even perform an elementary submission move in his matches. See one and you've seen em all. It's kickouts, spears and Super Man punches -easily the stupidest name in history. Making Kuch Roman would be a disgrace.

If you're gonna put him in a clique, make him Flair in the Horsemen
Possibly the greatest storyline in the last 20 years has to be respected. It brought wrestling back to the main stream. Whether you like him or not, it is to be acknowledged.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Possibly the greatest storyline in the last 20 years has to be respected. It brought wrestling back to the main stream. Whether you like him or not, it is to be acknowledged.
I didn't watch it because I think Roman sucks. But I unconditionally trust your judgment about it being the best storyline of the last 20 years.

Now look, if we're doing wrestling we can't go overboard. And right now we're going overboard because there are so many ideas. There's too many options and we have spent so long shooting down wreslting avatars that we don't know what to do now. We need to simplify so the person who makes the avatars can actually do it.

I have racked my brain and this is the conclusion I have arrived to.

I think our current guys suck for the avatars and we should be able to use any player we had. And if you use factions, you'll cover a lot of bases

Hollywood Hedman
Lecavalier and St. Louis as The Outsiders because they were such a formidable duo

You got 3 there in 1 avatar

Kuch could go as Eddie Guerrero or Ric Flair. I do agree with that assessment too

Tyler Rocky Johnson
Stone Cold Steven Stamkos
Andrei The Giant
Killer Kowalski
I don't know who is Taker. Mayyybbbeee Ben Bishop pulls off American Badass

That's already 7 avatars. Our boy Macho King has been repping wrestling avatars since day 1 and I'd actually argue he covers Randy Savage on his own.

We probably decide who is in DX (X Paq is hilarious) and that's either 2 or 4 more guys in 1 avatar depending on if you want Shawn Michaels

That's my bit. My last plea is that I *do* think we need to tell HF to suck it in very deliberate fashion and involve DX

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I mean, ok. But hyperbole much?

Maybe the Bloodline story as a whole, but the Cody part was a bit forced.

I think years from now Bryan's victory at WM30 will be looked at as a better moment than Cody's win. The match itself was OK at best, and payoff would have been perfect if it was Austin instead of Taker. But they couldn't have Austin be in thst spot because it would have overshadowed everything.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I mean, ok. But hyperbole much?

Maybe the Bloodline story as a whole, but the Cody part was a bit forced.

I think years from now Bryan's victory at WM30 will be looked at as a better moment than Cody's win. The match itself was OK at best, and payoff would have been perfect if it was Austin instead of Taker. But they couldn't have Austin be in thst spot because it would have overshadowed everything.
Not a chance, just look at the media and merchandise. The Cody aspect of the story was absolutely the best babyface push we have seen since Bryan. But the Yes! Movement and everything didn't touch the influence and profits that Cody has made. I have watched wrestling for almost 40 years, lived through peak Hogan, Bret, Austin, Rock, etc.... Cody babyface run will go down as the best baby face run of the modern era.

The Bloodline story line is the best storyline in wrestling since easily the mid 2000's.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Not a chance, just look at the media and merchandise. The Cody aspect of the story was absolutely the best babyface push we have seen since Bryan. But the Yes! Movement and everything didn't touch the influence and profits that Cody has made. I have watched wrestling for almost 40 years, lived through peak Hogan, Bret, Austin, Rock, etc.... Cody babyface run will go down as the best baby face run of the modern era.

The Bloodline story line is the best storyline in wrestling since easily the mid 2000's.
So have I. And respectfully, this is insane lol. This current Cody run isn't even in the same stratosphere as Austin, Hogan or Rocks. You might even add Cena's come-up on there.

Agree to disagree I guess. I'll give you the Bloodline story as a whole though. Thats fair.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So have I. And respectfully, this is insane lol. This current Cody run isn't even in the same stratosphere as Austin, Hogan or Rocks. You might even add Cena's come-up on there.

Agree to disagree I guess. I'll give you the Bloodline story as a whole though. Thats fair.
Specifically emphasize of the modern era. That's after Austin, Hogan, Rock, Bret, etc... Modern Era would be around 2010's to now.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kucherov is obviously the heart break kid or xpac telling everyone to suck it!
1712875735330.png

1712875776870.png

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

3 + year long Bloodline story + Cody story, plus the WM39 - 40, plus the goat Rock. 40 >> 30

Bryan run was cool, but doesn't hold a candle to the culmination of 40. 40 legit felt like WWE series finale. 30 was a feel good moment but not the same.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I know basically nothing about wrestling, so I forced ChatGPT to make comparisons.

1. Nikita Kucherov - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin: Kucherov is a fierce competitor known for his intensity and ability to dominate the game much like Stone Cold dominated the ring with his no-nonsense attitude.
  2. Victor Hedman - The Undertaker: Just as The Undertaker is known for his imposing presence and longevity in the WWE, Hedman's towering stature and consistent performance make him a fitting comparison.
  3. Steven Stamkos - Shawn Michaels: Both Stamkos and Michaels are incredibly talented and charismatic performers. Stamkos, like Michaels, has a knack for scoring dramatic goals and leading his team with flair.
  4. Andrei Vasilevskiy - Triple H: Vasilevskiy's dominance in the net and his ability to control the game's tempo are reminiscent of Triple H's control in the ring as a cerebral and strategic wrestler.
  5. Brayden Point - Rey Mysterio: Point's speed, agility, and ability to surprise opponents with his skill make him similar to Rey Mysterio, who is known for his high-flying acrobatics and underdog persona.
  6. Mikhail Sergachev - Randy Orton: Sergachev's combination of skill and aggression on the ice aligns with Randy Orton's calculated and methodical approach to wrestling.
  7. Anthony Cirelli - Bret "The Hitman" Hart: Cirelli's defensive prowess and ability to excel in critical situations make him akin to Bret Hart, known for his technical skill and reliability in the ring.

I asked about Thunderbug
ThunderBug, the beloved mascot of the Tampa Bay Lightning, brings energy, excitement, and entertainment to the team's games. When comparing ThunderBug to a WWE wrestler, we'd look for someone who embodies similar qualities of enthusiasm, charisma, and crowd interaction. With that in mind:
ThunderBug - Mick Foley (a.k.a. Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love): Like ThunderBug, Mick Foley is known for his eccentricity, versatility, and ability to connect with the audience. Just as ThunderBug entertains Lightning fans with antics and fun interactions, Foley delighted wrestling fans with his various personas and memorable moments in the ring. Both ThunderBug and Foley have a knack for bringing joy and laughter to their respective audiences, making this comparison a fitting one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad