Clerks 3 - Coming this Fall

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully it’s a fun and satisfying conclusion. I guess it will just be kind of strange because the premise of the first two movies is that they were both just one day.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Money money money.
I wish it was that simple.. but I think it's more than just a paycheck. Kevin Smith rebooted He-Man recently, which I assume was a decent paycheck. But by Smith's own admission it was a labor of (nostalgic) love. It's the non-stop grasping at the Gen X past.. now we're gonna be treated to middle aged, stoned cashiers.
And I hear the criticism of my take.. 'if you don't like it, don't watch it." Fair enough.. except it's hard to unsee the legion of morbidly obese, middle-aged Gen Xers in Darth Vader t-shirts. How much more nostalgic garbage is gonna be produced before Gen Xers accept America 1.0 is over. It's not the halcyon 80s/90s anymore. I miss those days too, but c'mon.

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
I don’t usually expect much from sequels, but I remember loving Clerks II (haven’t watched it in a while). I don’t have super high hopes for III, but hopefully I’m pleasantly surprised again. I’ll check out anything Kevin Smith does. I see a sequel to Mallrats is also in the works. That might be fun.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If they get their ball out of the sewer and play some roof roller hockey again I might check it out.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Watched it last night, I was entertained enough but leans heavily on nostalgia. Kinda undoes a bit from Clerks 2. I did enjoy the bit about them clarifying the "Asian Design major" from Clerks 1.

Last edited:

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I like a lot of Kevin Smith's stuff from the 90s but this dude is beyond washed up.
I loved Clerks II and Jay And SIlent Bob Reboot, thought those stood up with his 1990's-2001 films. But other than those it is hard to disagree with you as much as I love Kevin Smith and his sense of humor,

Looking forward to seeing Clerks III.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Watched this last night. I thought it was quite charming, had some really funny moment and a surprising sad thing at the end. I don't remember much from the first one probably less from the second. Anyway, much better than the Jay & Silent Bob: Reboot. Also you need to listen Kevin Smith's speech during he credits about the ending he was originally planning. 8+ or 8½/10

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I loved Clerks II and Jay And SIlent Bob Reboot, thought those stood up with his 1990's-2001 films. But other than those it is hard to disagree with you as much as I love Kevin Smith and his sense of humor,

Looking forward to seeing Clerks III.
I feel the same way. Smith has really fallen off and made a lot of duds, but he's never flubbed a Clerks or Jay and Silent Bob movie. I feel like he's sticking with his strengths, especially since theres that documentary thing where he talks about making Clerks on his own with his friends as a passion project. I dont think it will be possible for him to fumble a topic he knows better than anything else.

Cant wait, hope theres a donkey cameo in the background lol.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I watched it last night, as part of a Clerks marathon. The movie doesn't quite work. The plot is the Hollywood equivalent of a hermaphrodite impregnating itself. The supporting character banter is incredibly cringeworthy.

But the two leads display emotional range that is to be commended. They try really hard, and for that, it deserves to be seen.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I feel the same way. Smith has really fallen off and made a lot of duds, but he's never flubbed a Clerks or Jay and Silent Bob movie. I feel like he's sticking with his strengths, especially since theres that documentary thing where he talks about making Clerks on his own with his friends as a passion project. I dont think it will be possible for him to fumble a topic he knows better than anything else.

Cant wait, hope theres a donkey cameo in the background lol.

I think all of the view askewniverse movies are good.

his other movies are hit or miss, though I will admit I enjoyed Red State for some reason

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Just saw it last night. Terrible.

What a depressing film.

I'm not even into the whole "main characters always need a happy ending" based on the situation and story, but this film felt like a regression for the characters and universe.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Just saw it last night. Terrible.

What a depressing film.

I'm not even into the whole "main characters always need a happy ending" based on the situation and story, but this film felt like a regression for the characters and universe.
I agree, but...that's life. Sometimes movies "have to" be like that. I watched this on a flight a month or so ago, and was honestly shocked at what happened. I barely, if ever, get engrossed into movies so that I lose myself or care much about anything, but this upset me 😂

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad