Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Probably have to hear from the other leaders to get a sense of the locker room. Jack's feelings about Adult decisions, more than likely impacted by his parents taking his money through the agreement he signed with them.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Obviously the Canucks should not and will not sign him but he would be a perfect fit on the Miller line and would look good with Petey too. He is such a unicorn in todays NHL.

He could enter stage 4 and be suspended for 1 year at any point in time.

Yeah...I think as a player, if you can't keep your nose and your liver clean enough to pass player assistance, that's not just a red flag. That's basically the alarms blaring with giant red light flashing right before the missiles start flying.

He was in a good place with the Avs, way better position than Kassian and Kane were with Oilers, and somehow just could not make it work?

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Yeah...I think as a player, if you can't keep your nose and your liver clean enough to pass player assistance, that's not just a red flag. That's basically the alarms blaring with giant red light flashing right before the missiles start flying.

He was in a good place with the Avs, way better position than Kassian and Kane were with Oilers, and somehow just could not make it work?
Addiction sucks.

I hope Nuke can find his way back.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Probably have to hear from the other leaders to get a sense of the locker room. Jack's feelings about Adult decisions, more than likely impacted by his parents taking his money through the agreement he signed with them.
There's Seattle police bodycam footage that will speak louder than any NHL figurehead.

Disclosing facts available about Nichushkin publicly available in news websites got me my one and only warn in this website, so I'll leave it at that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Usually there is a note of support from teammates and/or the organization with this kind of thing. He must have really f***ed up..
He did f*** up but it’s not his first f*** up and that’s the problem. The whole Seattle fiasco was also in the playoffs and it cost the Avs the series.

He entered the PAP for a few months this very season and he’s right back to screwing his team in the worst possible moment, likely costing them another series.

Makes you wonder how serious he took that few months this season in the program. Sounds like there may have been some additional screwups by reading the Avs boards through the years about Nuke and this problem so this has been an issue for a long time.

He’s at the point where he needs to take next year off and actually deal with this situation or he’s KHL bound.

Seems like everything has gone to shit in that Avs room ever since Landeskog has been out. Maybe it’s a coincidence but it’s been endless headlines.

Reactions: Indiana

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
He did f*** up but it’s not his first f*** up and that’s the problem. The whole Seattle fiasco was also in the playoffs and it cost the Avs the series.

He entered the PAP for a few months this very season and he’s right back to screwing his team in the worst possible moment, likely costing them another series.

Makes you wonder how serious he took that few months this season in the program. Sounds like there may have been some additional screwups by reading the Avs boards through the years about Nuke and this problem so this has been an issue for a long time.

He’s at the point where he needs to take next year off and actually deal with this situation or he’s KHL bound.

Seems like everything has gone to shit in that Avs room ever since Landeskog has been out. Maybe it’s a coincidence but it’s been endless headlines.

I'm confused as to how this could've happened. I really thought he was doing well - new team, put up good numbers, turned on Konami code in playoffs and became a fan favorite. I thought this is going to be another inspiring redemption story added to the pile for future players to follow, should they run into similar troubles.

You think Avs' collapse this evening has something to do with this?

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
If you watch the Rangers series, they are basically doing the same thing as us. Quality shots, which equates to low shots vs the opposition with Nashville style defending. Yet we are the only ones getting called out for it.

Reactions: Indiana

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If you watch the Rangers series, they are basically doing the same thing as us. Quality shots, which equates to low shots vs the opposition with Nashville style defending. Yet we are the only ones getting called out for it.

Oilers win with 13 SOG = defense clinic plan the parade NOW!

Orcas win with 12 SOG = hahahahaha Cansucks can't get shots on, they're toast!

VanCanFanEDM

Mar 22, 2004
Edmonton
Jalen Chatfield should be picking himself up a nice little raise here... 2nd leading TOI defenseman for Carolina, in an elimination game.. Outplaying Slavin, Orlov, Skjei, DeAngelo... Wow. Good for him.

Reactions: vancityluongo

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Jalen Chatfield should be picking himself up a nice little raise here... 2nd leading TOI defenseman for Carolina, in an elimination game.. Outplaying Slavin, Orlov, Skjei, DeAngelo... Wow. Good for him.

Probably won't happen with the Hurricanes with how their ownership does things.

I think he would be wise to explore UFA options. Utah could use a splash

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Probably won't happen with the Hurricanes with how their ownership does things.

I think he would be wise to explore UFA options. Utah could use a splash
signing him would be the opposite of a splash. Other than on sites like this (the hockey nerd community) he's got basically no name recognition outside of Carolina. We should absolutely take a run at him though. He'll likely cost materially less than Roy/Demelo/Tanev. If you are able to sign him AND Tanev, it would give us a ton of leverage with Hronek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad