Line Combos: Cleary out for Tuesday?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Good to know Babcock and Hollands eyesight still works. It seemed like they were watching a different Cleary than the rest of us the last 2 years.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So glad Holland signed him.

Anyway, this only puts Sammy into the lineup. Not sure I'd call that an upgrade. But it's one step in the right direction I guess.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I know the thread topic is Cleary riding the bench, but where the hell is Weiss? Injured?

Yes. There is a thread on the first page about it. It is a groin injury, expected to be out around 10 days.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Babcock is the one who has been insisting on playing him 15+ minutes a game, not Holland.

cant play him if you do proper talent evaluation and dont sign him

babcock could play me 15 minutes a night but i would hope holland would watch me play and think better before signing me

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
cant play him if you do proper talent evaluation and dont sign him

babcock could play me 15 minutes a night but i would hope holland would watch me play and think better before signing me

Doesn't have to play him even if he is signed, either.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
I would rather Sammy play, if those are our choices.

Just about the only upside to having Sammy play is to keep him active in hopes that he carries some trade value.

TBH, I'd rather the Wings play one of those inflatable dancing-man figures that are found outside of car dealerships in place of Sammy.

1. They float just as well
2. They flail around aimlessly with equal vigor
3. They are roughly 3 mil per year cheaper

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Surprised nobody posted the following:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 16m
Babcock said he hasn't decided on lineup for tomorrow, wouldn't commit to Cleary being healthy scratch, said they'll see tomorrow.

Thought that might create a storm around here.:laugh:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
One at a time. This is Babcock and Holland, two men firmly entrenched in their ways.

Aren't we getting a little dramatic considering where we are in the standings? Let's not kid our selves about our line up either. We wouldn't be running away with the presidents trophy if we had Nyquist in the lineup over Cleary. Yes I think Nyquist is better but adding a 30 point player to the line up isn't going to make a huge difference. Things will work them selves out. Holland has once again assembled a very competitive team.

When you also add in the number of under performing players we have I think things will only get better.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Aren't we getting a little dramatic considering where we are in the standings? Let's not kid our selves about our line up either. We wouldn't be running away with the presidents trophy if we had Nyquist in the lineup over Cleary. Yes I think Nyquist is better but adding a 30 point player to the line up isn't going to make a huge difference. Things will work them selves out. Holland has once again assembled a very competitive team.

When you also add in the number of under performing players we have I think things will only get better.

Nothing dramatic about it, simply stating that they are both very predictable in what happens year in and year out for this club.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Babcock said he hasn't decided on lineup for tomorrow, wouldn't commit to Cleary being healthy scratch, said they'll see tomorrow.

Dammit. Babcock will go to sleep and dream of Daniel scoring 3 goals next game.

Sorry folks. Danny will be back in Tuesday.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Haha Clearys heart told me he needed to be in the lineup, so he called up Kenny and Mike, and they both decided he could come back.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Please tell me the advantages of not icing your best possible roster from the beginning to end of the season, I'm all ears. I thought that was the point of running a hockey club.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru

Can't commit to scratching Cleary, already committed to Cleary #Nuptials

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Here's a trick question...

How many injuries to take for Nyquist to play?

A- none.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Nothing dramatic about it, simply stating that they are both very predictable in what happens year in and year out for this club.

Success?

Or the predictability of adding Brunner, Nyquist, Lashoff, Anderson, Smith etc to the line up last year? Picking up Weiss and Alfredson this year.

Really we are talking about the Wings here. This isn't a the Avs who can be happy they are off to a good regular season start. If we have another year like last year where we started off slow and rounded into shape by playoff time that's all that matters. the Wings aren't judged by the regular season.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Please tell me the advantages of not icing your best possible roster from the beginning to end of the season, I'm all ears. I thought that was the point of running a hockey club.

I agree there have been mistakes made in some signings. But I don't think I'm ready to jump off any buildings. We aren't out of a playoff spot. The reason we are not playing up to snuff isn't because Nyquist isn't in the line up. He's not that good. Just better than Cleary. This team is under performing and still in a playoff position. I don't think they will play worse than this for the rest of the year.

Detroit Sports*

Dan Cleary will get resigned this summer. I don't even care anyone. Holland and Babs don't why should we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad