Cleary in coaching?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
So would I, but I don't know if that's in Cleary's DNA to give up without giving it another go. A team might take a chance on him with a tryout deal. Gomez found work, after all.

I could see a team with a lot of young players take a gamble on him. His leadership would be a valuable asset to a team like Edmonton

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I think it'd be great if he could get his foot in the door at the junior level. If he wants to stick around the Detroit area, maybe he could get in with the Whalers organization...

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If there is any chance of another year I have no idea why I wouldn't try to find a job somewhere if I could. You can always get a job coaching. Playing is something you have a small window for so why not go for it. I wish I had a million dollar pro season left in me and so do you guys.

Cleary does not have a million dollar pro season left in him. His body is in shambles and his stats are terrible and have declined progressively over the past 3 seasons. He's also 35 now so the odds of a contract are even further stacked against him. He'll be lucky to get a PTO - which he barely got from another organization last year.

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
The guy thrashed his body for the team and sacrificed a lot when he was on the ice. Prime example of a guy who learned a lot earlier in his career and pulled a 180, and has a good lesson to teach younger players.

I know he hasn't the ideal player the last couple years, but how can you dislike his desire to play and compete? He's clearly liked by the GM, the HC, and the lockerroom or he wouldn't have been there. If there's something he wants to do in the org, I'd love to see Cleary get a shot at it.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Absolutely. No way a guy like that would still be around if he didn't have a lot to offer. Just for the love of good hang them up already. Maybe he can be babcock's personal secretary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad