Trade: [CLE/MIA] Jarvis Landry for 2018 4th and 2019 7th

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wouldn't want to pay Landry but the Browns have a ton of cap space and picks so maybe it'll be fine. He might be a decent fit here too if Gordon can stay on the field and take some attention away from him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Do you think teams hold out for these 7th round picks?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Oh I think the Dolphins just wanted to unload him on another team.
I think this is pretty much what happened. Gase hadn't even spoken with him since the season ended & did not hide his disgust at Landry's antics in the season finale. I think this is somewhat similar to the Ajai situation in that Gase was fed up with all the extra-curricular stuff that went on.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why? He's a slot receiver that is commanding way more money than his production is worth.
I just saw he had more receptions than all Browns WRs this past season. As the guy noted, the Browns saw their season end with a pass going right through Coleman’s hands.

If all he does it catch it and fall down, he’s doing more to advance the ball than the rest of the group.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I just saw he had more receptions than all Browns WRs this past season. As the guy noted, the Browns saw their season end with a pass going right through Coleman’s hands.

If all he does it catch it and fall down, he’s doing more to advance the ball than the rest of the group.

I get it but slot receivers usually have a low DOT and a high YAC. He has a low DOT and a low YAC. He'll catch a lot of passes but they don't amount to much. Expect a lot of screens and rubs and stick routes to get him the ball. Hopefully Haley doesn't try and run the passing game through him like Gase tries to do.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Good hands, good at getting open near the LOS, but dude can't make guys miss tackles. Good pick up for those low picks, but isn't worth what he's getting or what he'll get with an extension.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Good hands, good at getting open near the LOS, but dude can't make guys miss tackles. Good pick up for those low picks, but isn't worth what he's getting or what he'll get with an extension.

He doesn't get open. That's why his YAC average is low.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I get it but slot receivers usually have a low DOT and a high YAC. He has a low DOT and a low YAC. He'll catch a lot of passes but they don't amount to much. Expect a lot of screens and rubs and stick routes to get him the ball. Hopefully Haley doesn't try and run the passing game through him like Gase tries to do.
I’m entirely fine with all of that. It’s all better production than they’d get out of those picks. And the money is meaningless now.

Reactions: Voight

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You're nuts lol.
Terry Pluto read my mind this morning.

But just like with Taylor, Landry must be viewed in context of the Browns.

He's only 25 years old. He has played every game in the last four seasons, catching exactly 400 passes.

Browns receivers such as Josh Gordon (suspensions), Corey Coleman (injuries) or countless ineffective others can't stay on the field very long.

The Browns need reliability at the position. He will be a slot receiver. Of his 400 receptions, 220 went for first downs.
Landry is reliable and can help a short-passing quarterback such as Taylor keep drives alive.

What Landry and Taylor do is bring the Browns some professionalism at two positions where that has been lacking for a few years.

The Browns have oodles of salary cap cash. They can "overpay" for Taylor and Landry and still have more than $80 million in salary cap room.

Cleveland Browns: Getting real about deals -- Terry Pluto (photos)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad