Trade: [CLE/MIA] Jarvis Landry for 2018 4th and 2019 7th

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
So many trades!

I was watching NFLN and Rapsheet suddenly started texting while on the air about 10 minutes ago. I figured something was going down.

Now he reports there is a contract involved as part of the deal.

Gordon-Landry as their WRs now. Whoever the young QB is, he will have some weapons.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
So many trades!

I was watching NFLN and Rapsheet suddenly started texting while on the air about 10 minutes ago. I figured something was going down.

Now he reports there is a contract involved as part of the deal.

Gordon-Landry as their WRs now. Whoever the young QB is, he will have some weapons.

Gordon is good. Landry is the most overrated receiver in football. Not a bad player but not an impact player like he's talked up to be.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Makes sense. Miami needs at least the 3rd they'd get for the compensatory pick, and then a little something extra for the actual trade/exclusive right to negotiate/extension/whatever you want to call it.
The comp pick isn’t a sure thing. If the Landry didn’t get franchised and left via fee agency for say $12 million per, Miami only gets a comp pick if they don’t go out and sign a free agent for $10 million. In that case it would cance the comp pick for Landry.

Kind of why B.B. dealt Collins for a 3rd to Cleveland last year since he went on a free agent splurge in the off season. The comp pick would have been canceled out by the Gilmore signing.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The comp pick isn’t a sure thing. If the Landry didn’t get franchised and left via fee agency for say $12 million per, Miami only gets a comp pick if they don’t go out and sign a free agent for $10 million. In that case it would cance the comp pick for Landry.

Kind of why B.B. dealt Collins for a 3rd to Cleveland last year since he went on a free agent splurge in the off season. The comp pick would have been canceled out by the Gilmore signing.

Right, I'm just saying, if Miami didn't get offered at least a 3rd, they'd probably be better off just keeping him for now and seeing how things would play out at the deadline or even next offseason.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Right, I'm just saying, if Miami didn't get offered at least a 3rd, they'd probably be better off just keeping him for now and seeing how things would play out at the deadline or even next offseason.

they are in pretty bad cap situation though. even over the cap. though they still have some obvious cuts on their roster (like julius thomas).

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Gordon is good. Landry is the most overrated receiver in football. Not a bad player but not an impact player like he's talked up to be.
But for a team with infinite cap space, plenty of mid-round picks to give up, and serious need at WR, I think this is a phenomenal trade. Word is the there will be a multi-season contract agreed to soon and the picks split up into one this season and one next season with neither being a first or second rounder.

Josh Gordon is amazing, but it’s an unknown if he can stay on the field. Corey Coleman looks like a total bust. The rest of the guys are nothing. Landry is a nice, dependable addition.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
they are in pretty bad cap situation though. even over the cap. though they still have some obvious cuts on their roster (like julius thomas).

Right, so it's unlikely they'd sign a bunch of guys next spring, meaning they'd get the 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Landry. And that's why it was probably the minimum starting point here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad