Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Don’t know what that has to do with the post. Guy has TWENTY-TWO civil law suits against him. As someone earlier said Ben had 2 and got 6 games. By that math, Watson should be suspended 66 games.
My post is to explain why NFL teams will ignore any number of negatives when it comes to QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The 3 firsts were a given. Now just a matter of what else is going to Houston?
Time to flip Baker to recoup some assets.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Whoever wants him has the leverage now, I'd offer a 4th or maybe a 3rd
Baker is still able to be held by a team for three more seasons (5th yr option plus two franchise tags), so I guess it comes down to how many teams think they can salvage his career and get him back on track.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Don’t know what that has to do with the post. Guy has TWENTY-TWO civil law suits against him. As someone earlier said Ben had 2 and got 6 games. By that math, Watson should be suspended 66 games.
Why is the sheer number of civil lawsuits relevant? Anybody can file a suit. Watson has been cleared of criminal charges.

Gruß,
BSHH

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
My post is to explain why NFL teams will ignore any number of negatives when it comes to QB.
With this situation specifically though, if he’s found guilty, you run the risk he’s going to be out for an extended period. Also with 22 cases against him I have my doubts he’s entirely innocent even if he isn’t entirely guilty. I don’t bring that toxicity and uncertainty into the locker room especially one as fragile as Cleveland’s.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How do they have a contract without a trade yet? That gives a shit ton of leverage away in trade talks

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
this leaves Pittsburgh in a spot.

You now got Burrow, Watson and Jackson in the AFC North. They draft a QB or get via trade.
I don't think the Steelers need to panic. They're in a bad spot now, but they also had a very very long run with awesome QB play. They don't exactly have a roster otherwise built to win now. They should probably look longer term with a rebuild.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
How do they have a contract without a trade yet? That gives a shit ton of leverage away in trade talks
The main ground work of a deal had to be in place in order for Houston to let Watson talk to any of those teams.

The 3X1st round picks were locks for any of the teams willing to acquire him so they're just finalizing the final 5M of their 100M race.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
With this situation specifically though, if he’s found guilty, you run the risk he’s going to be out for an extended period. Also with 22 cases against him I have my doubts he’s entirely innocent even if he isn’t entirely guilty. I don’t bring that toxicity and uncertainty into the locker room especially one as fragile as Cleveland’s.
I'm pretty sure teams know exactly what the NFL's discipline will be otherwise they wouldn't be lining up to trade for him.

Not sure what toxicity you're talking about. Players never care about this stuff. The moment Watson starts throwing TD passes, the locker room will love him.

Reactions: Voight

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Watson saying that he chose the Browns because they have the best roster. I'm sure the reconstructure of his deal, giving him 230M$ guaranteed over 5 years, has nothing to do with it lol.

It's just funny that the Browns traded back with the Texans so they could pick Watson and now they're giving up the house to get him back. I guess the Browns will be the Browns.

The AFC is F'N loaded!

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
What are the odds that Mayfiled get's no takers and ends up being Watson's backup loool

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think the Steelers need to panic. They're in a bad spot now, but they also had a very very long run with awesome QB play. They don't exactly have a roster otherwise built to win now. They should probably look longer term with a rebuild.
Plus they’re the Steelers, they haven’t always needed a QB to be a competitive team. They’ve been to like one third of AFC championship games since ever and only had 2 QB’s worth a shit.

Reactions: Voight

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm pretty sure teams know exactly what the NFL's discipline will be otherwise they wouldn't be lining up to trade for him.

Not sure what toxicity you're talking about. Players never care about this stuff. The moment Watson starts throwing TD passes, the locker room will love him.
Then we go back to the original point of we see where NFLs priorities lie and it’s not in bringing awareness to an issue that plagues this country.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad