Clayton Keller's Start... (upd: named rookie of the month for Oct)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
And hes got less offensive help on the roster than those two
Not really, considering Babs spread his lines and gave them limited minutes. Whereas Keller plays under a coach who has chosen to stack his top line with his best 2 wingers and his best center and play them 20 minutes a game. What Keller is doing impressive, but he's getting a bunch of ice-time with his teams other 2 top forwards.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Keller is a gem. Makes up for the Strome miss.

Imagine Team USA if the NHL goes to the Olympics in 2022...

Matthews
Eichel
Keller

Damn.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Not really, considering Babs spread his lines and gave them limited minutes. Whereas Keller plays under a coach who has chosen to stack his top line with his best 2 wingers and his best center and play them 20 minutes a game. What Keller is doing impressive, but he's getting a bunch of ice-time with his teams other 2 top forwards.

I doubt the extra 70-90 seconds really make a difference. The Leafs still have better players regardless.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
seriously? get the f*** out of here.

you really want to even get started on the idea that the arizona top line is on par with the matthews line in terms of talent?

xfd you gotta be kidding me

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
seriously? get the **** out of here.

you really want to even get started on the idea that the arizona top line is on par with the matthews line in terms of talent?

At this time last year? Matthews was primarily playing with Brown and Hyman. I absolutely think Max Domi and Stepan are better than those two. I'd also say they are better than a rookie Nylander and Hyman. Domi's played at a 50 point pace the prior 2 years. Derek Stepan is a legitimate 1b/2a center who averaged 58 points per 82 games played his entire career. You seriously think the gap between Nylander and either Domi and Stepan is even close to the gap between Hyman and one of Stepan or Domi? You gotta be kidding me. Especially since I was talking about rookie Nylander.

I mean, if you think its that absurd a notion, go make a poll of Nylander and Hyman vs Stepan and Domi. I bet the results will surprise you.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I doubt the extra 70-90 seconds really make a difference. The Leafs still have better players regardless.
When compared as rookies, its 2 and a half minutes per game. I'd say thats a sizable difference. Every 8 games Keller has a full extra game of ice-time. If it was PKing you might have a point, but the major difference is an extra minute and 20 seconds per game of PP time. I'd say that makes a noticeable impact on stats.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

was about to reply to that but i think you have it covered. 6 55+ point players on the leafs last year.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
At this time last year? Matthews was primarily playing with Brown and Hyman. I absolutely think Max Domi and Stepan are better than those two. I'd also say they are better than a rookie Nylander and Hyman. Domi's played at a 50 point pace the prior 2 years. Derek Stepan is a legitimate 1b/2a center who averaged 58 points per 82 games played his entire career. You seriously think the gap between Nylander and either Domi and Stepan is even close to the gap between Hyman and one of Stepan or Domi? You gotta be kidding me. Especially since I was talking about rookie Nylander.

I mean, if you think its that absurd a notion, go make a poll of Nylander and Hyman vs Stepan and Domi. I bet the results will surprise you.
Zach Hyman is playing at a 41 point place, pretty close to domi....

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Zach Hyman is playing at a 41 point place, pretty close to domi....
You must be Hyman's biggest fan if you think he's as good as Max Domi. I'd also say the gap of 16 points projected (although its way too early to do that) is quite significant. Do you honestly think Stepan and Domi are notably worse than Hyman and Nylander were as rookies, because you seem to think my position that Keller has better linemates than Matthews did as a rookie is laughable considering your response was

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Players who have more points than Clayton Keller this season:

Steven Stamkos
Nikita Kucherov
Jaden Schwartz
Jakub Voracek
Auston Matthews

Players who have scored more goals than Clayton Keller this season:

Nikita Kucherov
John Tavares
Alex Ovechkin

Percent of team's total goals scored by each player:

Alex Ovechkin - 28%
Clayton Keller - 27%
Nikita Kucherov - 25%
John Tavares - 25%

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
RE: Domi one of his linemates.

You might look at Domi's points and say he's playing pretty well but he's really not. He's racking up a lot of secondary assists and shooting a cool 2.5%. It's not "luck" either his shot selection is garbage if he even hits the net. There aren't many on the Coyotes board happy with his play right now. Keller is carrying that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad