Clayton Keller's Start... (upd: named rookie of the month for Oct)

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I see that Keller already has six goals and ten points. He's played nine games. I haven't followed the Coyotes...

For those who do watch ARI: how good has he looked? Does it look like he may score 50 or 60 points as a rookie? Is he still adjusting defensively?

Offensively, he's certainly off to an impressive start to his NHL career.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I see that Keller already has six goals and ten points. He's played nine games. I haven't followed the Coyotes...

For those who do watch ARI: how good has he looked? Does it look like he may score 50 or 60 points as a rookie? Is he still adjusting defensively?

Offensively, he's certainly off to an impressive start to his NHL career.

He's been carrying his line offensively so I see no reason barring a massive slump or teams adjusting completely shutting him down that his pace will slow down below a ~55 point pace. If Stepan and Domi start playing better more consistently he'll have an easier time than he is now.

Honestly evaluating anything defensively on the Coyotes right now is kind of a waste of time. It's all Swiss cheese except Hjalmarsson. I don't think he's been particularly bad as a few people seem to think in terms of the actual X's and O's of following guys around, trying to block sticks, and what have you. But the team is so discombobulated at times that it makes it really hard to say "oh he should have been doing X instead of Y or Z".

The biggest problem in his game right now is some errant passing in the neutral zone and near the blue line in the offensive zone. Not terribly surprising for a player of his type.

One other thing I have in the back of my mind is for player of his size he's playing a ton of minutes at his age. Maybe he'll wear down over the season. But he's a very slippery player so he's not getting run over much either.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He's been pretty incredible. Works well with other skill players and if no one is getting him the puck or making a play, he can create his own offense. He plays smart positionally, has a great shot, faster than expected, and has some silky mits on him. Feel bad he's had to pull this struggling team along as a rookie.

Evergreen

Big fan on this kid. So fun to watch. gives the Yotes something to be excited about in these bleak times.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
John Chayka is truly a genius. He gets this guy and then probably gets Dahlin. All by the masterstroke of his hand.

Evergreen

Keller embarrassed Hischier on that goal. I expect the same in Calder voting.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
He was fantastic tonight, legitimately was nervous every time he touched the puck. He's going to be a hell of a player for a very long time

Reactions: 29GoalHoglund

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Whats crazy is that his shooting % of 18.6 % is actually pretty sustainable. Could easily get 30 goals and 60 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad