Clayton Keller named NHL rookie of the month!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Absolutely ate crow on this kid.

Though we are having the worst season ever, he is the only reason I keep watching
I wanted Logan brown. He may end up a fine player, but I'm incredibly happy we went with Keller now haha.

Him not getting rookie of the month would've been a travesty. He has all those points on this crap team, insane.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
He's been fun to watch that's for sure. I still don't get why Tocc doesn't try Domi and Duclair together again. If they can recapture the magic they've had in the past, we could have two dangerous lines. That's what this team needs. We have enough talent to make 3 scoring lines but Tocc seems afraid to put them together and run with it. He's trying to force a high octane offense on the roster but won't group the offensive players together. It's so frustrating to watch. Perlini with Keller and Stepan, Domi and Duclair with Strome or Dvo and the other with Fischer. Why not put the guys that can run the offense together and give them time to develop some chemistry? Or move Keller to LW and bring up Merkley too. Is he trying to cover for the defense? If so screw that. Go all in on the offense and get the forwards going. Figure out the defense and goal tending after they get healthy.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
So far he's made me forget we missed out on McJesus / Eichel / Matthews.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Hehe, looks like it may be longer than expected before 10 years of Oilers v. Sabres/Leafs in the cup finals...not that that helps us any...

But, yeah, CK's fun to root for - and he's exactly my size. Been a while since the days of Ronning, then Briere...

Reactions: Mosby

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Keller could be near their level or a notch below. Its still early but he sure looks like a top 20 forward in the making.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like Keller but he is not in the conversation with those 3 yet and I'm doubtful that he will be. He is a great player and I think will have a great NHL career but he's 2nd tier, not like the other 3. He's more Gaudreau and that's really good.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Rookie of the month is about 1/12 of the accolades I expect him to get at the end of this season, if you get my drift.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I like Keller but he is not in the conversation with those 3 yet and I'm doubtful that he will be. He is a great player and I think will have a great NHL career but he's 2nd tier, not like the other 3. He's more Gaudreau and that's really good.

I think it's way too early to tell. You're right, he'll never be mistaken with those 3 - his size alone makes his style of play more limited in scope. But he does have the potential to be just like Patrick Kane. Nothing to sneeze at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad