Confirmed with Link: Claude Julien Receives 3-Year Extension

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Elliotte Friedman is reporting on HNIC that the Bruins have extended Claude Julien for three years.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/528714131730616322

And Bruins won't confirm, but word is that the team has extended coach Claude Julien for three more years.

I don't know if that's confirmation yet, but Friedman's no Aaron Ward. :laugh:

EDIT: Bruins Press Release:

Bruins Sign Claude Julien to Multi-Year Contract Extension

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, Sunday, November 2, that the club has signed Head Coach Claude Julien to a multi-year contract extension. Chiarelli made the following statement on the extension: "This morning, Claude and I finalized the terms of a multi-year contract extension agreement for him. We have worked at this for a few months, but there was never any doubt in my mind that this would get done. Claude is one of the top coaches in the NHL and has consistently shown a passion for winning through his coaching. Coaching is a difficult profession at the best of times and what Claude does in implementing structure in his systems, and having a solid defensive foundation while allowing freedom in offensive play is no easy task. During his time with the Bruins, he has excelled in maintaining this difficult balance, and his longevity here speaks volumes. He has coached the Bruins to a Stanley Cup and a Cup Final appearance and our goal to win with him at the helm remains the same as we move forward."

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Great guy- love the tines walking out of L right into Claude and walking down the stairs. Nice nice man. Don't always agree with him but overall he's been great for this organization

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Awesome news. Used to be in the Fire Clode crew, but that changed after they beat Montreal in 2011 when he finally decided to evolve as a coach. He's had my full support ever since. I'll take Clode's system over 99% of the league.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
hWhvJUR.gif

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Excellent! One of the very elite coaches in the league. Classy, steady, and smart. There's not a coach in the NHL I would want more than him to be in Boston.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Congrats, Coach Julien.

You have OCD w/ your line combos sometimes, and it drives me bat ****, but I still love ya.

Best coach in the game.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
He can be frustrating at times with his defense first approach but from a defensive system perspective he's probably the best there is. Overall he is one of the top coaches in hockey so this is good news.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Top-5 coach. Not perfect. Generally gets the most out of whatever group is given to him. Can't complain. He deserves this.

acr*

The guy is a winner and gets the most from his players. I'm a fan.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I would have waited until the after the post season. Julien wins Julien gets more money, Bruins win, we all win. Bruins lose, we can amicably walk away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad