Confirmed with Link: Claude Julien Receives 3-Year Extension

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
it is totally possible to think Claude Julien is a good coach (and I have constantly praised his system for being able to weather tough times) and think he has had a bad season thus far.

And even then, his system is still helping to weather the storm.

I'm not calling for him to be fired, but I am angry with his line choices, time of ice, and some other things that aren't worth getting into in this thread today.

Considering members of this team just keep dropping like body parts off a zombie, he's doing an impressive job.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wait, people are saying he is having a bad season THIS year?

Ok someone spell out how that's remotely possible. I'm dying to hear the justification, wow.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Considering members of this team just keep dropping like body parts off a zombie, he's doing an impressive job.

I think his system has proven that it can cover for a lot of deficiencies (in the regular season). I have always said this. A few years ago I thought his system was the team MVP.

But I think he has mismanaged his lines, certain players, and not maximized what he has.

I also think Tuukka has done a lot to cover up this team's issues (even if the numbers don't show it, I think he has been stellar outside of a couple of games).

I'm not calling for Julien to be fired, but I don't think he is having a great year himself.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think his system has proven that it can cover for a lot of deficiencies (in the regular season). I have always said this. A few years ago I thought his system was the team MVP.

But I think he has mismanaged his lines, certain players, and not maximized what he has.

I also think Tuukka has done a lot to cover up this team's issues (even if the numbers don't show it, I think he has been stellar outside of a couple of games).

I'm not calling for Julien to be fired, but I don't think he is having a great year himself.

Agreed 100%.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Clode has done a masterful Jon squeezing points out of this patchwork group. It's hard enough to win games with a healthy team in this league. The system and structure is keeping them in games and in the playoff hunt.

I heart clodio dot com

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Look at habs and bruins rosters last 2 years , who is the best team ?
Habs are 9-1 against bruins last 10 games and beat them in playoffs
Habs coach is 10 times better than bruins coach, 9-1 !!!!
It is ridiculous how clode is weak and unable to find solution
1-9 and he change NOTHING and continue to put his favorites players in third when we need goals
1-9 , Therrien make habs better and clode make bruins weaker
Bruins by far best team on paper
Therrien by far better on reality = 1 win 9 lost

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
1-9 and he change NOTHING and continue to put his favorites players in third when we need goals

You can't base his performance on his record against one team. By that logic Rask should be bought out.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
You can't base his performance on his record against one team. By that logic Rask should be bought out.

Not against one team, against The worst ennemy , the one to beat,destroy and dominate, every bruins coach need to beat habs or be fired, and we will face them every year in playoffs

A Healthy Kelly*

7orSKay.jpg

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

if you think last night's Bruins team was better on paper than the Habs then you must have been watching a replay of a game from 2011. Even when healthy, the Bruins are arguably a worse team on paper. Sad but true, such is the cap reality. Julien is sometimes too conservative for my liking, but I think Chiarelli is more to blame for the team's apparent decline than Julien. But again, I want to see what this team does when healthy before I throw the book at any of them.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
if you think last night's Bruins team was better on paper than the Habs then you must have been watching a replay of a game from 2011. Even when healthy, the Bruins are arguably a worse team on paper. Sad but true, such is the cap reality. Julien is sometimes too conservative for my liking, but I think Chiarelli is more to blame for the team's apparent decline than Julien. But again, I want to see what this team does when healthy before I throw the book at any of them.

Not bad view

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Not against one team, against The worst ennemy , the one to beat,destroy and dominate, every bruins coach need to beat habs or be fired, and we will face them every year in playoffs

They won't every year, upsets, things happen every round. They have been bad lately against Montreal but Julien is 2-2 in the playoffs against him as Bruins coach. You don't punt away what is proven to be one of the best coaches in the league over that.

remer

Oct 18, 2005

I would agree that Clode for some reason can not put together a game plan to beat the Habs.
I just wish he would look at how the Rangers can handle the Habs.
He simply has to change his game plan and attack. The same old system against the Habs does not work.
I think a 9-1 record in the past 10 games proves it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad