News Article: Claude Julien at Hospital. Will Miss the Rest of the Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I will be really surprised if he says he is done. It would be really premature to make that decision.

I expect him to say one of two things:

1 - I will make a full recovery and I will be back.

2 - It's too early to decide anything.

Curious to see what he says. Does he really have to have this press conference?

Reactions: DXStriker

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I will be really surprised if he says he is done. It would be really premature to make that decision.

Yeah . I think that is what is coming ... especially since we do not even have a start date or plan for next season yet . He has time to see how it goes.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks there is a legttimate chance that Julien won't be the Habs coach next season?
i strongly believe he wont be back. Add the heart issue to his worry about covid, and no certainty that next season will be in a bubble and you have a perfect time to call it quits and have insurance pay him

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Those seem like the right answers.

Although, at this stage of his life he is financially secure, still young and maybe he just wants to take a step back. Maybe something less taxing like an advising role.

It's a good sign he wants to discuss his situation though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Curious to see what he says. Does he really have to have this press conference?

Why shouldn't he, though? It's the end of the season and he's the coach.

He will give an update on his recovery. Surely will talk about what happened. Will most likely talk about the job Muller did and the team. He will surely be asked what's next for him. I don't think he will say he's calling it quits.

He may never return. I doubt he will make any announcement on that today. Because I would be surprised if that decision is made already.

Reactions: DXStriker

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why shouldn't he, though? It's the end of the season and he's the coach.

He will give an update on his recovery. Surely will talk about what happened. Will most likely talk about the job Muller did and the team. He will surely be asked what's next for him. I don't think he will say he's calling it quits.

Not sure he has to in this case but if he feels like he wants to then yeah. I'm 50/50 on what he decides to be honest. A health scare changes things for some people and he's 60, not 50. I've seen guys at work call it quits after others encountered health issues.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not sure he has to in this case but if he feels like he wants to then yeah. I'm 50/50 on what he decides to be honest. A health scare changes things

You're reading too much into it.

He may never return. I highly doubt this zoom conference is to make that announcement. Because I feel like it is too premature to make that announcement.

It was a health scare. But he is going to make a full recovery. He is no young buck, but he's also not a dead man walking.

Reactions: Deebs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

He may never return. I highly doubt this zoom conference is to make that announcement. Because I feel like it is too premature to make that announcement.

It was a health scare. But he is going to make a full recovery. He is no young buck, but he's also not a dead man walking.

You might be right. Just pondering

Reactions: Adam Michaels

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

fully agree, also for insurance purposes, i think he has no advantage to call it quit now, even if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad