Claude Giroux's one good season extended once again...closing in on 700 points

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
As he's just one point away from hitting 700, I wanted to take a moment to celebrate the man, the myth, the legend, the best player in the world. O Captain! My Captain! The most under-appreciated elite player in the league. Should have won the Hart last season. Pacing for another 100+ point season in the early going and currently tied for 3rd in league scoring. Currently tied with Crosby for most points this decade with 625.

Ain't nuthin but a G thang, baby:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hes really good.

4th Most Points last 7 years.

Will probably challenge for Art Ross again.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
He’s always been an elite player

When you play in the same freaking division as Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin you kinda get lost in the shuffle and ultimately it’s hard to get out of the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs each year

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not a fan of Giroux specifically but in general it’s good to see guys playing at high levels even after others predicted their decline, and even having a career year at 30+.

When elite players can continue to be elite for longer that’s good for the game.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Should’ve won the Hart last season? Explain to me how he was more impactful to the Flyers than Hall was to the Devils.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Should’ve won the Hart last season? Explain to me how he was more impactful to the Flyers than Hall was to the Devils.

He's better defensively and was involved in a higher percentage of his team's goals? Hall won because he was a media darling. Plenty of guys had better seasons. One dimensional wingers who aren't even top 5 in scoring don't deserve Harts.

How many less games than Crosby has he played again? Crosby is alone.

Was this ever in doubt? I feel like you're taking tongue-in-cheek posts too seriously.

Reactions: Cootsfanclub

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
lol who are you to make demands like that? Someone has an opinion you don't share, get over it. Hey everybody, if you have an opinion about anything, make sure you justify it to Sorry first. He will tell you whether you can have that opinion or not.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
I would hesitate to call him elite but he plays for an awful coach and has mediocre linemates so it's hard to really judge him.

Philly is a strange city. They criticize players and coaches relentlessly during their careers, but after retirement it's hard to find a more loyal bunch. Charles Barkley, Donovan McNabb, Eric Lindros, plus a few others were run out of town during their careers yet are revered now.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I would hesitate to call him elite but he plays for an awful coach and has mediocre linemates so it's hard to really judge him.

Philly is a strange city. They criticize players and coaches relentlessly during their careers, but after retirement it's hard to find a more loyal bunch. Charles Barkley, Donovan McNabb, Eric Lindros, plus a few others were run out of town during their careers yet are revered now.

Are there really non-elite players that can put up a 100+ point season in recent years? You must have a very high threshold for "elite". I guess Selke finalists that score 70+ are "mediocre" now too.

Johnny Rifle
Pittsburgh Penguins

Oh.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Are there really non-elite players that can put up a 100+ point season in recent years? You must have a very high threshold for "elite". I guess Selke finalists that score 70+ are "mediocre" now too.

Oh.

He's certainly not mediocre, but elite to me is a small group. Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkln, Subban and perhaps McKinnon or Laine is my short list. Giroux isn't as good as those guys right now.

EDIT: Had McDavid on the list and deleted his name for some reason. No flaming please.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad