ATL
d21a0ae107a00a443e750410e8f4d4ca.jpg

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
One_Man_Gang_cropped.png
maxxpayne_6281.jpg

The legendary Hall of Famer P.N. News (works on the European independent circuit as Cannonball Grizzly and in the United Kingdom as American Avalanche) and his friends have their own G.O.A.T. wing of the WWE Hall of Fame. Ric Flair didn't qualify, but News, Van Hammer, Lady Blossom, Steve Austin, One Man Gang, Maxx Payne, and Ron Reis did. All 7 of them will be picked in the first 4 rounds of the ATD by Boston Bob and Jack Slater.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingHollywood

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My 5 picks from your list: Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts and Ricky Steamboat

My 5 picks not on your list: Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit, Masked Superstar and Keiji Mutoh / Great Muta

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Got into a rabbit hole with old college roommates about the Ravens/Giants Super Bowl in 2001. It was odd weekend for me for academic reasons. But at any rate, out of curiosity I looked up Raw/Nitro results from the night after the Super Bowl to see if my memory could be jogged.

I don't remember my roommates ever watching Nitro at the time; We didn't know it but there would only be eight more episodes. But I was surprised when I looked it up today and saw that Nitro was in Baltimore that night.

I read that Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell cut a heel promo on the Ravens. Luger was wearing a Ray Lewis jersey while Bagwell had a Tony Banks (Ravens backup QB) jersey for some reason.

While trying to find the segment, I came across some DDP book signing segment with 'not yet famous' extra:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What’s the best indie card anybody has ever seen? I ask because I just saw the names on Death before Dishonor IV and the list of names is unreal- it was 15 years ago and some of them are still quite prominent

The Embassy (Jimmy Rave and Sal Rinauro) defeated Jay Lethal and Colt Cabana

Nigel McGuinness beat Roderick Strong

The Briscoes beat the Crists

AJ Styles beat Davey Richards

Bryan Danielson beat Sonjay Dutt

and then there was the ROH vs CZW cage of death match with names like Homicide, Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, and Eddie Kingston......and that was wild. May be the best invasion angle done in at least a couple decades

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
There was a match once where the winner had to blow up a firecracker in the loser's butt. Wouldn't want to win or lose. The Steiners would enjoy winning.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
What’s the best indie card anybody has ever seen? I ask because I just saw the names on Death before Dishonor IV and the list of names is unreal- it was 15 years ago and some of them are still quite prominent

The Embassy (Jimmy Rave and Sal Rinauro) defeated Jay Lethal and Colt Cabana

Nigel McGuinness beat Roderick Strong

The Briscoes beat the Crists

AJ Styles beat Davey Richards

Bryan Danielson beat Sonjay Dutt

and then there was the ROH vs CZW cage of death match with names like Homicide, Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, and Eddie Kingston......and that was wild. May be the best invasion angle done in at least a couple decades
I was at that show, it was incredible.

Reactions: CDJ

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

I'm surprised this never came back to haunt Triple H/WWE. I remember watching this as a kid (or maybe years later online somewhere) and it boiling my blood. Even worse are the comments from people saying things like "relax, it's just a joke."

Years later, either in a dark segment or house show, there was segment where Triple H made a convenience store comment to Jinder Mahal, so I can't help but feel that Triple H is just a racist asshole.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
King and JR in the 90s were incredible. Watching a RAW from 1997 during the Pillman/Goldust/Marlena angle. King is cracking wise about Marlena and Pillman and JR is losing it. "STOP IT. STOP. STOP. CLEAN YOURSELF UP" and then without missing a beat just says "Snapmare Takeover" for what's going on in the ring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad