Confirmed with Link: Clark Bishop signed 1 year 2way

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
200.gif

Reactions: Icelevel

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Good for Belleville and in case of the injury bug but... 200K$ for a guy with a career high of 28 pts in the AHL? What am I missing?

I guess as insurance in case we lose Tierney/White or both and we need a 4th line centre to fill in for a season because of injuries (LBrown)/Greig isn't ready/we can't find someone decent in free agency.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I guess as insurance in case we lose Tierney/White or both and we need a 4th line centre to fill in for a season because of injuries (LBrown)/Greig isn't ready/we can't find someone decent in free agency.

I'm not talking about his NHL purpose, I know he can fill in and skate well if we get injuries but was surprised at his AHL salary. JC Beaudin makes 80K$ in comparison, they're pretty much the same player. If you remember , Beaudin also did a "decent 4th line job" last year too. They're both good skaters and responsible defensively which allows them to take a "safe shift" in the NHL, but at the AHL level, they're not big scorers... I thought 200K$+ salaries was designed for significant AHL players.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It’s a 2 way contract why are posters saying there’s no risk and nothing is wrong with it ... isn’t that already obvious lol?

Reactions: Beville

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It’s a 2 way contract why are posters saying there’s no risk and nothing is wrong with it ... isn’t that already obvious lol?

you would think but as much as some posters are stupidly pro management there are posters that are stupidly against management so it needs to be said

Reactions: Simplicity

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Because some people around here feel like they need to scrutinize every single tiny little move the team makes. We're just getting ahead of them.

Reactions: Simplicity

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Good for Belleville and in case of the injury bug but... 200K$ for a guy with a career high of 28 pts in the AHL? What am I missing?
He’s capable of filling in 4th line centre in case of injuries. 200K is not much for AHL vets anymore.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He’s capable of filling in 4th line centre in case of injuries. 200K is not much for AHL vets anymore.

Again, not talking about his NHL purpose (this is a Belleville signing) but a few examples :

Peca 300 K$
Shaw 375 K$
Beaudin 80K$
Andrew Poturalski 350 K$ (leading AHL scorer)
Riley Barber 260 K$
Chase De Leo 140 K$
Danny O'Regan 300 K$
Adam Cracknell 350 K$

Bishop best AHL production was 28 pts in 68 GP. Not that I care or it changes anything for the NHL team but I imagine Belleville is also under a strict budget. Hiring good vets that can produce is important, they have been relying almost entirely on prospects for a few years now. It worked last year and this year, hopefully it works again next season. Logan Shaw has 1 year left but Peca is UFA. Personally, would rather spend 100 K$ more on Peca than Bishop.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
We have a great skating team, in many parts players and their game looks even faster then in NHL. But the team is just full of role players with only potential for the fourth line. Myself, I like to see all four lines of skilled players, no typecasting, no role players. No defensive defensemen, not only LHD or RHD can move pucks. It is a thing of a distant past. I personally think Bishop or Kelly and others will be bombs of role player with their skating and 100% effort and never die mentality. But it is not NHL I would like to see. I like to enjoy skills and beautiful plays during the whole game.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I guess if you're worried that our AHL budget affects our NHL budget.

All in all, retaining the good characters in Belleville, especially ones that have filled in with the Sens is as important in team cohesion/chemistry. Guy gets a nice pay day to stay on a successful farm team, and hopefully keeps it successful next seasons with all the movement we're bound to see.

PD taking care of the farm too. Guys like Greig/Pinto/JBD/Thomson/Sokolov/Jarventie/Crookshank/Aspirot are less likely to feel like going to the AHL is a punishment if there's stability, success, and happy vets down there.

Think Abramov comes back for a similar contract if he's guaranteed 6 figures in the AHL?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Meh. He looked good for 6 games or so then disappeared. Don't mind the signing if he plays the majority of the games in the AHL. Still preferred to have Lajoie in the system over this guy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I guess if you're worried that our AHL budget affects our NHL budget.

All in all, retaining the good characters in Belleville, especially ones that have filled in with the Sens is as important in team cohesion/chemistry. Guy gets a nice pay day to stay on a successful farm team, and hopefully keeps it successful next seasons with all the movement we're bound to see.

PD taking care of the farm too. Guys like Greig/Pinto/JBD/Thomson/Sokolov/Jarventie/Crookshank/Aspirot are less likely to feel like going to the AHL is a punishment if there's stability, success, and happy vets down there.

Think Abramov comes back for a similar contract if he's guaranteed 6 figures in the AHL?

Even though I was not quoted, I will still take a few minutes to answer that.

The AHL and NHL teams are 2 different entities, working on 2 different budgets. The AHL budget doesn't affect the NHL budget.

If Clark Bishop is called up and is on the NHL roster, he makes 800 K$ (pro-rated per day of the hockey season)
If he is in Belleville, he makes 200 K$

There's no ambiguity about this.

Belleville has its own budget and also has the mission to build the best possible hockey team. What would be the purpose of a sports team if it's not to try and be the best possible?

We have been in a rebuild since 2017-18 (first moves for futures at the 2018 trade deadline) and our AHL affiliate hasn't made the playoffs yet. They were bad/not good enough in 2017-18 and 2018-19 and last year, when the team was really good, the season got cancelled with the covid. This season, they had an awful start, season was shortened and there's again no playoffs.

I think it is is crucial that the B-Sens make the playoffs the next 2 years. We want at least some of our prospects to go far in playoffs and "live" that experience.

So the question is :

If the team lets Matthew Peca (300 K$) walk because they signed Bishop (200K$), is it a good move? Is Clark a "better guy"?

I mean, I'm not complaining (for the people who can't take it) I am asking a legit question... In the end, they might still get a few more good veterans. I'd like to see a really strong team again going on a Calder Cup run. You'll need more than Clark Bishop and the kids for that lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad