Confirmed with Link: claimed Axel Jonsson Fjällby off waivers

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Brandon Tanev 2.0

Not a bad idea.

Yeah moar speed and tenacity seems like a good fit for the game plan under Bownes & Co. Someone's gotta score from that bottom six/ three, so hopefully Gagner, Barron and Axel F can pot a few. Not sure we're getting much from Saku or Gus at this point.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Obviously he's not a big add, plus I like it. Helps on the PK and he's a good skater

Fan

Oct 20, 2020
I wonder if this AJF add nudges Toninati onto the waiver wire (assuming no one goes onto the injury list), rather than a waiver-exempt D move?

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Maybe I'm biased optimistic but I think this is going to turn into a very nice pick up for us. Hard working, energetic and constantly improving
Let’s see what he does, Maybe the coach has done a shamanistic casting of the Bones and can fortell some good omens for him..

Good to know. Now, what's a Romang? Are you a Beltalowda? :laugh:
It’s a kind of bitter Swedish Dick, a sort of useful hockey Detective..

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Do we need either? Just wasted money; we have about 10 of these guys
How is it wasted money? It is something like $30,000 to claim a player and then they are just another tweeter in your system. Most have 2 way contacts and will play somewhere. The Jets are actually on the low end of teams in terms of professional contracts.

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Athletic had both on their top waiver targets. They has this to say about Axel:

"Jonsson-Fjallby has a lot of the coveted traits you’d want from an energy fourth-liner. He’s speedy, enormously disruptive on the forecheck, reliable defensively and can fill spot duty on the penalty kill. Jonsson-Fjallby split time between the NHL and AHL last season, suiting up in 23 games for the Capitals."
Sounds like he could be another potential Brandon Tanev, and the Jets could use a high energy, disruptive guy like this. Interesting, and I hope he works out. I was watching his Youtube highlights that someone posted on here, and he looks very fast, and can break to the net cleanly. I like what I see, and if he had 34 points in 44 games with Hershey, he just may be a real good pickup.

Last edited:
Reactions: pictman

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Well, he looks great, so I hope he can play as good as he looks ? Maybe he'll attract some female posters on here, or in the seats. Hope the guy works out.

Reactions: Inanna

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
OK, but take away the professional makeup artist, hair stylist and photographer and here's what you have left.

Axel-Jonsson-Fjallby-DRAFTED-1024x576.jpg

Not so hot now, is he? Huh? Huh? I'll bet the ladies (and @Jet ) are un-swiping him now. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad