Confirmed with Link: claimed Axel Jonsson Fjällby off waivers

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Billeck is such a clown. The guy just takes any opportunity to make the team look bad and loses all credibility with examples like this.
Calling Fjallby an asset is hilarious. The dude has no value. What an idiot.
No value? Well, what does that say about Chevy for acquiring him in the first place?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Billeck is such a clown. The guy just takes any opportunity to make the team look bad and loses all credibility with examples like this.
Calling Fjallby an asset is hilarious. The dude has no value. What an idiot.

Seriously another PB guy is going to be a UFA and this is news?

Who cares there are dozens of this caliber of Ayer on waivers every day throughout the year. I would hope we actually plan to ice a competent bottom 6 next year made up of actual good players and not a collection of waiver wire picks.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Seriously another PB guy is going to be a UFA and this is news?

Who cares there are dozens of this caliber of Ayer on waivers every day throughout the year. I would hope we actually plan to ice a competent bottom 6 next year made up of actual good players and not a collection of waiver wire picks.
a guy that went unclaimed during the season after we got healthy

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I am not sure if I'd want the Jets to even qualify AJF if he was an RFA... much ado about nothing. The guy passed through waivers, not losing sleep over the end of the AJF era in Winnipeg

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
He’s the first guy to get to the scene

Problem is, he doesn’t know what to do when he gets there

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He’s the first guy to get to the scene

Problem is, he doesn’t know what to do when he gets there
And yet, he scored at a higher rate than any player in the bottom 6. Including Lowry. Him and Harkins scored goals at a higher rate than everybody except Scheifele, Ehlers, Neiderreiter, and Connor. While playing with much worse linemates. Team could have looked a lot better if they'd played their best options for depth.

Fjallby and Gustafsson got scored on on the penalty kill at almost half the rate that Stenlund did. Gustafsson's face-off percentage had nearly caught up to Stenlund by the end of the season, while having a much better face-off percentage in the defensive zone. Both Gustafsson and Fjallby scored at higher rates than Stenlund. What the f*** did Stenlund bring to this team?

And before I get the "it wouldn't have made any difference" comments, switching a player out with one that's more likely to score and less likely to get scored on makes a difference. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough of a difference, but the goal should always be to give yourself the best odds to win and for some reason we don't. Nice to see Harkins carry the Moose kicking and screaming to game 5. Nice to see Eyssimont signed to a one way contract with a perennial contender. Nice to see Fjallby, who again, produced better than any player in our bottom 6 while having good defensive metrics, walk for nothing over 1 game.

I'm cranky after the Moose game, that's probably obvious though :laugh:

Which reminds me, you know who put the dagger in the Moose's season? A guy the Jets were playing in the top 6 last year while fighting for a playoff spot. It's frustrating to see the Jets never being good enough when they won't even use what they have to be the best version of themselves.

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
And yet, he scored at a higher rate than any player in the bottom 6. Including Lowry. Him and Harkins scored goals at a higher rate than everybody except Scheifele, Ehlers, Neiderreiter, and Connor. While playing with much worse linemates. Team could have looked a lot better if they'd played their best options for depth.

Fjallby and Gustafsson got scored on on the penalty kill at almost half the rate that Stenlund did. Gustafsson's face-off percentage had nearly caught up to Stenlund by the end of the season, while having a much better face-off percentage in the defensive zone. Both Gustafsson and Fjallby scored at higher rates than Stenlund. What the f*** did Stenlund bring to this team?

And before I get the "it wouldn't have made any difference" comments, switching a player out with one that's more likely to score and less likely to get scored on makes a difference. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough of a difference, but the goal should always be to give yourself the best odds to win and for some reason we don't. Nice to see Harkins carry the Moose kicking and screaming to game 5. Nice to see Eyssimont signed to a one way contract with a perennial contender. Nice to see Fjallby, who again, produced better than any player in our bottom 6 while having good defensive metrics, walk for nothing over 1 game.

I'm cranky after the Moose game, that's probably obvious though :laugh:

Which reminds me, you know who put the dagger in the Moose's season? A guy the Jets were playing in the top 6 last year while fighting for a playoff spot. It's frustrating to see the Jets never being good enough when they won't even use what they have to be the best version of themselves.

You’re right; it wouldn’t have made any difference …….:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Atoyot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad