CL Matchweek 5

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Spartak have to win by 5+ unless I'm mistaken.

I think the first tie breaker is head to head and I'm pretty sure they drew the first game, so a Spartak win would mean they're above based on better head to head record. If Sevilla draws and it's 3 teams on 9 points, then I think it gets messy.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Oh I thought it was goals. As a Liverpool fan, you can understand why I wouldn't know that.

That is far less ideal.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Harry Winks has put in another great performance against a top side, even though he couldn't roam as much as usual since he was our holding midfielder. Quite confident in saying that he is both our and Englands best central midfielder.

Dele also performed very well as a central midfielder today. Picked up two great assists. Still some believe that he is nothing but a supporting striker.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs without Winks are %$###$. Feels a bit strange saying it, but that is just a fact. Without him the team just do not play. With him it is always, basically without exceptions, better.

No coincidence IMO that Spurs struggled against Arsenal. Could very well have lost with Winks as well, but no way would Spurs have been beaten that easily with him starting the game.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs without Winks are %$###$. Feels a bit strange saying it, but that is just a fact. Without him the team just do not play. With him it is always, basically without exceptions, better.

No coincidence IMO that Spurs struggled against Arsenal. Could very well have lost with Winks as well, but no way would Spurs have been beaten that easily with him starting the game.

I'll be very excited to see a Winks-Wanyama pairing in the future.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That wouldn't surprise me. This team is all over the place and Klopp can set a team up well but he's not great at making in game adjustments.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'll be very excited to see a Winks-Wanyama pairing in the future.

Considering that the rest excluding Eriksen (who should play further forward) are fairly average (at best these days) I kind of have to agree. Never really excited to see Wanyama though. Good squad player, but oh so limited.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
So. It turns out the Sevilla manager has cancer and told his players at half time.

So ... he knew about it but waited until his team was down 0-3 in an important game before telling his players? I don't know whether I would call that sly or badass. :amazed:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Jordan Henderson completed 55% of his passes yesterday and did not attempt an aerial duel.

v2gpJzR.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah he was very bad yesterday. He's been very hit and miss this season. It's too bad because before his injuries he was really turning into a fine player.

Lallana should be fit soon. I'd like to see Klopp reignite his experiment with Wijnaldum at the 6 and play Lallana/Coutinho/Ox in front of him.

Unfortunately right now he only seems to fancy Can or Henderson at the 6 and tbh neither are good enough (unless Hendo can find his form from last season).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can is good enough and they're probably going to lose him on a Bosman. Poor business.
Just no. Can is worse than Henderson. He's already cost us multiple games this season. Hopefully with Lallana coming back and Ox integrating we rarely have to see him again.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Qarabag were causing Chelsea problems and were a crossbar away from being up 1-0. Instead their captain appears to clip Willian, gets a red card and they are down 1-0 after Hazard converts the penalty kick. Got to feel for their fans,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad