Young Boys-Juventes
Ajax-Bayern
Benfica-AEK
Shakhtar-Lyon
City-Hoffenheim

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's a throw away game for Barca so the kids should get playing time. Alena/puig and even baby busquets. Otherwise I'll just watch Napoli/LFC

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Copied from the last thread. I haven't gone over these again but believe they're accurate. Let me know if anything looks off.

Group A
Atletico Madrid -
Clinched R16. Will top the group with a win or Dortmund dropping points.
Borrusia Dortmund - Clinched R16. Will top the group with a win and Atletico dropping points.
Club Brugge - Headed to the Europa League
Monaco - Bottom of the group.

Group B
Barcelona
- Will top the group
Tottenham - An equal or better result than Inter will send them to R16. A worse result than Inter will mean Europa league.
Inter Milan - A better result than Spurs will move them to R16. An equal or worse result than Spurs will mean Europa league.
PSV - Will finish bottom of group

Group C
This group has the most complicated scenarios by far. The only guaranteed thing is that Red Star can't move onto R16. I'm not going to list it team by team because it's so complicated, so I'll break it down by results

If Napoli Wins and Red Star wins. Napoli will top the group (12), PSG second (8), Red Star 3rd (7), Liverpool bottom (6)
If Napoli Wins and PSG wins or draws. Napoli will top the group (12), PSG second (9 or 11), Liverpool 3rd (6), Red Star bottom (4 or 5).
If Napoli/Liverpool draw and PSG wins. PSG will top the group (11), Napoli second (10), Liverpool 3rd (7), Red Star bottom (4).
If Napoli/Liverpool draw and Red Star wins or draws. Napoli will top the group (10), PSG second (8 or 9), Liverpool 3rd (7), and Red Star bottom (5 or 7 [lose head to head with Liverpool based on goal difference in common games])
If Liverpool wins by multiple goals and PSG wins. PSG will top the group (11), Liverpool 2nd (9, head to head tie breaker with Napoli based on goal difference head to head), Napoli 3rd (9), Red Star bottom (4)
If Liverpool wins by multiple goals and PSG loses. Liverpool will top the group (9, head to head tie breaker with Napoli based on either head to head goal difference), Napoli 2nd (9) PSG 3rd (8), Red Star bottom (7)
If Liverpool wins by multiple goals and PSG draws. Liverpool will top the group (9, hold three way tie breaker based on points in games among the three of them, 6 vs 5 for both PSG and Napoli), PSG 2nd (9, hold the three way tie breaker over Napoli based on goal difference among the 3 [0 vs at best -1 for Napoli]), Napoli 3rd (9), Red Star bottom (5)
If Liverpool wins 1-0 and PSG wins. PSG will top the group (11), Liverpool 2nd (9, head to head tie breaker with Napoli based on group goals for [9v7]), Napoli 3rd (9), Red Star bottom (4)
If Liverpool wins 1-0 and PSG loses. Liverpool will top the group (9, head to head tie breaker with Napoli based group goals for [9v7]), Napoli 2nd (9) PSG 3rd (8), Red Star bottom (7)
If Liverpool wins by a single goal 2-1 or higher and PSG wins. PSG will top the group (11), Napoli 2nd (9, head to head tie breaker with Liverpool based on head to head away goals), Liverpool 3rd (9), Red Star bottom (4)
If Liverpool wins by a single goal 2-1 or higher and PSG loses. Napoli will top the group (9, head to head tie breaker with Liverpool based on away goals in head to head [1 or more vs 0]), Liverpool 2nd (9) PSG 3rd (8), Red Star bottom (7)
If Liverpool wins by a single goal and the score is 1-0, 2-1, or 3-2 and PSG draws. Liverpool will top the group (9, hold three way tie breaker based on points in games among the three of them, 6 vs 5 for both PSG and Napoli), PSG 2nd (9, hold the three way tie breaker over Napoli based on goals scored among the 3 [7 vs at best 6 for Napoli]), Napoli 3rd (9), Red Star bottom (5)
If Liverpool wins by a single goal and the score is 4-3 or higher and PSG draws. Liverpool will top the group (9, hold three way tie breaker based on points in games among the three of them, 6 vs 5 for both PSG and Napoli), Napoli 2nd (9, hold the three way tie breaker over PSG based on either goals scored among the 3 [8 or higher vs 7 for PSG] or away goals scored [minimum 5 vs 3 for PSG]), PSG 3rd (9), Red Star bottom (5)

Group D
Porto
- Will top the group
Schalke - Will finish second.
Galatasaray - Will finish 3rd with a win or Lokomotiv dropping points, bottom of Lokomotiv win and they dont.
Lokomotiv Moscow - Will finish 3rd with a win and Galatasaray dropping points. Bottom of Galatasaray win or they don't.

Group E
Bayern
- Win or draw tops the group
Ajax - Win tops the group
Benfica - Will be 3rd
AEK - Will finish bottom

Group F
Man City
- Clinched R16 already. Will top the group with a win or draw or Lyon dropping points.
Lyon - Will top the group with a win and a City loss. A win or draw means R16. A loss means Europa league.
Shakhtar Donetsk - Win and they finish 2nd. Draw and they finish 3rd. Loss and Hoffenheim win and they finish bottom.
Hoffenheim - Win and Shakhtar loss and they finish 3rd, otherwise bottom.

Group G
Real Madrid
- Will top the group.
Roma - Will finish 2nd.
FC Viktoria Plzen - Equal or better result than CSKA and they finish 3rd. Worse result and they finish bottom.
CSKA Moscow - Better result than Plzen and then finish 3rd. Equal or worse and they finish bottom.

Group H
Juventus - Win or United dropping points and they top the group. United win and a loss/draw and they finish 2nd.
Manchester United - Win and Juve loss/draw and they top the group. Drop points or Juve win and they finish 2nd.
Valencia - Will finish 3rd
Young Boys - Will finish bottom

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Cause it will surely matter somewhere, here are the tiebreakers for the group stage.

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  5. If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
  6. Goal difference in all group matches;
  7. Goals scored in all group matches;
  8. Away goals scored in all group matches;
  9. Wins in all group matches;
  10. Away wins in all group matches;
  11. Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
  12. UEFA club coefficient.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
My head hurts reading the scenarios for the PSG group... realistically Liverpool need to win by 2 goals to be sure? Is that right?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
**** that, I wanna knock Spurs out

Next game's not until Sunday so no reason to make too many changes although I would like to see Alena as well
Wouldn't Barca fans want to knock out Inter for 2010 and the fact that Tottenham drawing Madrid in R16 is a favorable match up?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wouldn't Barca fans want to knock out Inter for 2010 and the fact that Tottenham drawing Madrid in R16 is a favorable match up?
I'd rather play Madrid and who still holds anything about 2010? Lol tomorrow only matters if the kids are playing otherwise it might as well be a friendly in whcih case I'd watch other games.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I really want Napoli to beat Liverpool, both because I want Liverpool to go out and because I think Napoli would take Europa seriously and Liverpool wouldn't, and I'd like for Chelsea to win that competition.

Reactions: S E P H

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I really want Napoli to beat Liverpool, both because I want Liverpool to go out and because I think Napoli would take Europa seriously and Liverpool wouldn't, and I'd like for Chelsea to win that competition.

Napoli has a history of not taking Europa seriously at all. This is in fact the first year I've felt like they've even been giving weight to the CL

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why couldn't we just have won against Red Star instead of looking like a bunch of plebs?

All the nerves today.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why couldn't we just have won against Red Star instead of looking like a bunch of plebs?

All the nerves today.

It would be hilarious to see LFC get kicked out for robbing us of a chance to see Shaqiri vs Red star.

hard to believe Man U during this season has a chance to top the group in the last match day

Illustrates how bad Valencia have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad