TSN: CJ of TSN threw out these names: Walker, Carrier, and Fluery in regards to TOR's interest (along with Tanev).

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
All 3 are guys the Leafs should be interested in, but even if all 3 were acquired the Leafs wouldn't be a contender.

The Leafs make little sense for Fleury, there will be better teams (Colorado, Carolina, LA) who are closer to being a goalie away from a cup.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
All 3 are guys the Leafs should be interested in, but even if all 3 were acquired the Leafs wouldn't be a contender.

The Leafs make little sense for Fleury, there will be better teams (Colorado, Carolina, LA) who are closer to being a goalie away from a cup.
Next time leafs go all in should be signing McDavid

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild might be on a hot streak. Don’t see them (or Fleury)giving Up on the season …. yet. TOR also doesn’t have much to offer, as they have traded away a lot of picks, and their prospect pool is mediocre.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Wild might be on a hot streak. Don’t see them (or Fleury) giving up on the season …. yet. TOR also doesn’t have much to offer, as they have traded away a lot of picks, and their prospect pool is mediocre.
I am not going to speculate how much it costs for Fleury or if the wild want to make a playoff run.

In a vacuum does Fleury fetch more than a 1st? I suppose it's possible...

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Hanifin and Tanev are likely out of Toronto's price range on D.

Fleury feels a bit excessive. Samsonov and Woll are solid options to run with in the playoffs. Samsonov won a round last season and Woll could make a difference if healthy. Marty Jones is a fine #3 goalie if one goes down.

Dumba, Walker, Carrier, Lyubushkin, Bogosian, Seeler and Desharnais would probably be the short list for defenseman rentals. A 3rd or 4th + prospect value range. Ristolainen (1.5M+ retained per year) and Peeke would be defenseman with term that could be in a similar value range. It's possible they get a couple of them.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Reactions: Price is Wright

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I've been saying the Leafs should target Carrier for a bit now. He doesn't have size which will turn off some, but has always had really solid underlyings and can move the puck which they really need. He might not cost a ton and would immediately be their best RHD.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
I am not going to speculate how much it costs for Fleury or if the wild want to make a playoff run.

Probably similar value to what the Wild paid when they acquired him(2nd that could be a 1st based on his individual playoff performance), so the Leafs having zero seconds for the next 3 years makes that kind of "conditional" deal impossible. Hard to say with Guerin though if Fleury went to him and asked to go to Toronto he'd probably make it happen, just like the blank extension contract where Foligno got to fill in the blanks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Omg, no. Fleury doesn’t get a 1st. At this point, 2nd, max, and even then I think Guerin will take less if it’s to MAF’s preferred destination, with the possible exception of a Central rival.

To me MAF is a backup goalie who has immense experience, and will not freeze up under a spotlight. There is also the possibility that he gets hot, and wins a series for a team, but there is probably the same chance that he plays, if not badly, then mediocre.

He has been good for the Wild recently, and appears to be healthy.

Now, MAF and Duhaime for a 1st would be a good deal for Toronto. MN can max retain on both, making it possible, I think?

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Does Philly even sell? What does Nashville want for Carrier?

Unless he had no other options at all, I don't see why Fleury would waive to go to Toronto.

If he's not being traded to a contender, what's the point?

Perhaps his definition of "contender" is a team in playoff position, rather than a team which the Internet Consensus believes has a legit shot at winning the cup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad