Post-Game Talk: City of Bridges | Hawks 10, Pens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
JR thinking the Penguins need to improve their toughness isn't a new thing, though. It goes all the way back to the 2016 draft, where they traded Bennett for a pick and drafted Connor Hall with that pick. This really isn't anything that new. JR sets skating as the highest priority and tries to build a well balanced team of players who can all move fast. That's why you're seeing him target players like Reaves, Hall and Pedan, he wants to make a more balanced team of both skill and grit that can skate.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
JR thinking the Penguins need to improve their toughness isn't a new thing, though. It goes all the way back to the 2016 draft, where they traded Bennett for a pick and drafted Connor Hall with that pick. This really isn't anything that new. JR sets skating as the highest priority and tries to build a well balanced team of players who can all move fast. That's why you're seeing him target players like Reaves, Hall and Pedan, he wants to make a more balanced team of both skill and grit that can skate.

And I'd argue that worries me as I believe we won both Cups by injecting skill on the wings in Kessel and Jake and smart, positional defensivemen that can skate and move the puck out of the zone in Hainsey, Daley and Lovejoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad