Pre-Game Talk: Circus rolls into town Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Look out, the Auston Matthews show comes to town Saturday night along with all the hoopla on a National Coast to Coast TV broadcast. Habs better be ready and keep a close eye on the rookie, could turn ugly if they let him skate around freely.

Should be a win but...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Leafs fans are back to being arrogant despite being 2-2-3 so I'd love to see the Habs just destroy Toronto.

The NHL won't allow it.

Nylander, Marner & Matthews all get hat tricks against Price and Leafs nation acts like it just won the cup.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Im expecting a big game from the Radulov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher line.
They looked so far, and should look even better against a team with no defense.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Toronto's defense and goaltending isn't good enough. They have some good looking young stars and plenty of offensive weapons but Montreal has Carey Price. So, as impressive as their young players are I'd actually be shocked if they won.

Plus, Price is 28-1-1 on Saturday nights since 2014. I can't imagine Toronto is the team to break that kind of record.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
On account of getting tickets to this game from Gallagher, I decided to buy his jersey today. Feels kind of wrong not buying a Sharks jersey or Subban jersey as my first, but Gallagher ain't bad either. ;)

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Look out, the Auston Matthews show comes to town Saturday night along with all the hoopla on a National Coast to Coast TV broadcast. Habs better be ready and keep a close eye on the rookie, could turn ugly if they let him skate around freely.

Should be a win but...

will they be showing his one highlight reel over and over again and getting his input into the game, the rivalry and what it means to be part of it? Will Ron McLean be spewing out meaningless drivel and anecdotes about 'the game' 'the future' and some awkward cliche about Saturday night and what it means to all Canadians?

More CBC hype, yay.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
will they be showing his one highlight reel over and over again and getting his input into the game, the rivalry and what it means to be part of it? Will Ron McLean be spewing out meaningless drivel and anecdotes about 'the game' 'the future' and some awkward cliche about Saturday night and what it means to all Canadians?

More CBC hype, yay.

Ron Mclean will probably talk about Brad Richards. I'm sure he'll bring him up in some nonsensical way.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
On account of getting tickets to this game from Gallagher, I decided to buy his jersey today. Feels kind of wrong not buying a Sharks jersey or Subban jersey as my first, but Gallagher ain't bad either. ;)

"...tickets to this game FROM Gallagher"...?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The NHL won't allow it.

Nylander, Marner & Matthews all get hat tricks against Price and Leafs nation acts like it just won the cup.
If you understood quantum mechanics you'd realize that it's against the law of probability.

I actually spent time with Heisenberg at the Institut für Physik und Astrophysik in 1960. He autographed a book I brought by inscribing it with an h. By the way, he was dressed in a business suit and his necktie was worn with a tie tack with the Planck constant. Your avatar totally misrepresents him.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If you understood quantum mechanics you'd realize that it's against the law of probability.

I actually spent time with Heisenberg at the Institut für Physik und Astrophysik in 1960. He autographed a book I brought by inscribing it with an h. By the way, he was dressed in a business suit and his necktie was worn with a tie tack with the Planck constant. Your avatar totally misrepresents him.

:laugh:

That's funny, I forgot all about avatars on here I haven't used my computer to post in a solid 4 years!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

It's a different Heisenberg. Never saw Breaking Bad?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yeah what is with his obsession with Richards? It seems kind of ***.

Seriously? Do a little research, it's hidden pretty well in the media, but the info is out there what Ron does away from the rink. Look for him, Richards and Barbados.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

c35.gif

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
we could win 10-1 and if Matthews scored that would be the media's focus haha. Habs take this one, barring gifted PPs to Toronto or if we come out flat because we don't take them seriously. Should be a good one!

Hoping to see the lines from yesterday continue (Just for Rads with the Gallys :naughty:)

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
If you're stuck with CBC watch the game on mute, even when the Leafs aren't playing.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
1 shot for every "Matthews" heard from the announcers when he's on the ice
2 shots for every "Matthews" heard from the announcers when he is not on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad