Cincinnati Chili...

Sharks99

Feb 6, 2014
I know you guys are Columbus and not Cincinnati. I've never been to Ohio, however a family in law member sent me some Skyline. I wasn't too impressed, until I added some cream cheese to the Chili. Now it's one of the best dips I've had. Anyone else have any recipes or opinions? I'm also a big fan of your team's goal horn and cannon! Probably best in the NHL!

Reactions: CoachWithNoTeam

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I know you guys are Columbus and not Cincinnati. I've never been to Ohio, however a family in law member sent me some Skyline. I wasn't too impressed, until I added some cream cheese to the Chili. Now it's one of the best dips I've had. Anyone else have any recipes or opinions? I'm also a big fan of your team's goal horn and cannon! Probably best in the NHL!
Please forgive my fellow board members for taking your incredibly reasonable request and marching off in a tangent. You would think our community all escaped from Cicely Alaska (e.g. Northern Exposure)

It is the cinnamon in their sauce that makes it unique. For me, being from C-bus but not having lived there since 03, Skyline is one of the things I must have when I’m back.

They don’t have any recipes on their website. They want you to eat in or get their products in the grocery. But if you go nosing around some food or cooking groups, you will have some luck.

While I fancy myself as a good cook and baker, looking for Skyline Chili gems amongst a hockey crowd is like looking for a pig wearing earrings. This crowd does better consuming it than recreating it or dressing it up.

Thanks for the props about the Cannon. We love it too. And we especially love it when it scares the crap out of our opponents.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I’ll do cream cheese on bottom, then skyline chili, with shredded cheddar on top, bake it, and eat with corn tortilla chips. It doesn’t have to be skyline chili, but that’s how it started for me.

Anyway, obviously people feel strong about it one way or another.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I generally only have it when I am in Cincinnati and I have been out drinking with my good buddy.

Cliche - I know, I know.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Skyline chili in a three way, or with a couple cheese coneys is a good munch.. Certainly makes a good cream cheese & cheddar chip dip.. I'm not originally from Columbus and haven't spent much time in Cincy but my wife was raised on it & my family eats it often.

Reactions: sabremike

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Cincy has some weird tastes... :)
I'm not a fan of skyline or montgomery inn.
But I do love Graeters ice Cream, so it's not all bad!

Reactions: Viqsi

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Liked it as a kid but the older I got I’d just rather make my own.

Speaking of Chili, has anyone on here been to Chili Verde? Either at Polaris or on the corner of Bethel-Sawmill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad