Rumor: Chychrun Megathread (Asking price has been met per Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Both picks and Ceulemans?
I think the 3rd asset would be the weakest asset in such a deal. Something like Foudy or Bemstrom. I’d prefer Foudy since I like how he’s always moving those feet. Energetic player. Not sure I see a whole lot of upside, though.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
32 thoughts podcast:

- Ellitotte says the Panthers have made it known that they are "deep in" it, and are prepared to do what it takes to get it done.

- Both Marek and Elliotte have heard the Rangers, which came as a surprise to others as they feel it doesn't make sense...but they feel Drury is looking to add a piece on D and are looking at Chyc.

- Updated team list: LA, ANA, STL, CBJ, NYR.

Piecing all of what we've been hearing together, it sounds like the Panthers may be the most serious about him, which makes sense. He grew up there, his dad works for the team, and the Panthers are legit Stanley cup contenders right now. Could see them biting the bullet and sending some legit future pieces to compete right now.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
32 thoughts podcast:

- Ellitotte says the Panthers have made it known that they are "deep in" it, and are prepared to do what it takes to get it done.

- Both Marek and Elliotte have heard the Rangers, which came as a surprise to others as they feel it doesn't make sense...but they feel Drury is looking to add a piece on D and are looking at Chyc.

Piecing all of what we've been hearing together, it sounds like the Panthers may be the most serious about him, which makes sense. He grew up there, his dad works for the team, and the Panthers are legit Stanley cup contenders right now. Could see them biting the bullet and sending some legit future pieces to compete right now.
Ya beat me to it again! Lol

The hypothetical panthers offer is far and away the best offer from all of the proposed teams. If that or anything close to it is offered, pull the trigger. I still think we could potentially get one of Knight/Lundell, but not both. Also we should take into consideration that the panthers don't have a 1st this year. They're the only one of the proposed teams where if they give a 1st it will definitely be for next year's draft.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

The hypothetical panthers offer is far and away the best offer from all of the proposed teams. If that or anything close to it is offered, pull the trigger. I still think we could potentially get one of Knight/Lundell, but not both. Also we should take into consideration that the panthers don't have a 1st this year. They're the only one of the proposed teams where if they give a 1st it will definitely be for next year's draft.

lol we have similar styles! Agreed on both of your points. I don’t necessarily need FLA’s 1st this year, I’d rather wait until next year and hope they are less dominant. The speculated package we’ve been hearing about is almost a no brainer, but doubt both Lundell and Knight are offered. Knight would be an exciting piece but I take Lundell if I had to choose. That said….

I don't know a ton about Lundell. Comparable? 1C upside?

Lundell has been helping the Panthers this season…I’m wondering if they are hesitant to include him? Sure you get Chychrun but you also lose a decent, affordable piece of your offense. As far as your projection question, I haven’t seen 1c comparables but I’ll leave that to @hbk and @rt

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I don't know a ton about Lundell. Comparable? 1C upside?

A gritty Trochek? Probably more of a 2C but one that is better offensively than Dvo but a little worse defensively. Can slot up to a 1C role if needed

Maybe we throw Larsson to Florida too. He's not Lundell obviously but he plugs a hole at C.

Or Boyd, but this was exactly my thought. Both Larsson and Boyd may be better in the playoff anyways.

I don't have a good read on Ceulemans, whats the projection and breakdown?

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I don't think Lundell was ever an option. He's basically Barkov's little brother. He even lives with him. Florida doesn't have the pieces for this. Spencer Knight is not the right piece and their picks are way too high.

rt

May 13, 2004

I don’t think the “/“ belongs between Knight and Lundell. I think Knight is DEFINITELY on the table for Chychrun, while I think Lundell is entirely untouchable.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't think Lundell was ever an option. He's basically Barkov's little brother. He even lives with him. Florida doesn't have the pieces for this. Spencer Knight is not the right piece and their picks are way too high.
Samoskevich and Knight are their two top prospects, I think. And they don’t have a 1st this year. That just doesn’t seem like enough to me.

rt

May 13, 2004
A gritty Trochek? Probably more of a 2C but one that is better offensively than Dvo but a little worse defensively. Can slot up to a 1C role if needed

Or Boyd, but this was exactly my thought. Both Larsson and Boyd may be better in the playoff anyways.

I don't have a good read on Ceulemans, whats the projection and breakdown?
Ceulemans was seen as a big time boom or bust at the last draft. Pandemic three his development off-track and you weren’t sure what you were getting with him. Columbus swung for the fences with him. Now he’s playing a nice, normal, full D1 schedule and he’s absolutely crushing it as a freshman. He’d immediately be our 2nd best prospect behind Guenther.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
32 thoughts podcast:

Speaking of 32 Thoughts: did you hear the bit about the Coyotes being 5 minutes from moving to Winnipeg before an Owner was found? Wonder which rendition that was?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Based on BA's interview with Gambo yesterday, I got the impression he's ok for 2022 picks. May have more of a focus on 2023 at this point.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yeah that was interesting. I know there was heavy speculation, but stating we were "5 minutes away" is news to me.
Old story for me. City of Glendale wired money over otherwise they were headed to Winnipeg. This was right before they moved Atlanta.

Reactions: SniperHF

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Let's not forget we have HEAPS of ammo.

Lundell + Samoskevich + 2nd
For
Chychrun + Larsson + COL 1st

Clarke + Turcotte + LAK 1st
For
Chychrun + COL 1st + Timmins/Koly

MacTavish + 1st
For
Chychrun + Hayton + COL 1st
(Probably a stretch)

Ceulemans + CBJ/CHI 1st + Kent/Sillinger
Chychrun + COL 1st + Timmins/Koly

Im sure some of these are off but maybe pad "premium" assets coming our way with some lesser assets going out

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Florida wants Chychrun bad and is willing to do whatever it takes? Come on down Lundell, welcome to the Coyotes!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I saw a tape of the Jets owner somewhere some years ago telling the story. He said that he was in the NHL office in NY waiting in Bettman's office as the money came through.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That was just his wild speculation, not an actual rumor he heard. Friedman kind of laughed and tried to talk him down from that.

Columbus probably has the best offer right now, for whatever reason, and they are asking Florida to step up most likely.
32 Thoughts tonight - Apparently we have an offer that includes 2 former firsts and a first round pick. Rangers have offered us something based around Kravtsov but doesn’t appear he moved the needle for AZ.

As Chychrun trade auction continues, Coyotes have one legitimate offer

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
32 Thoughts tonight - Apparently we have an offer that includes 2 former firsts and a first round pick. Rangers have offered us something based around Kravtsov but doesn’t appear he moved the needle for AZ.

Krav should be traded for 50 cents on the dollar anyways due to his situation with the Rangers. He refused to report to the AHL. That's not exactly something Bill Armstrong is going to hurdle the dead for.

Reactions: Nowotny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad