OT: Christmas - Your Loot

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I really don't like xmas as I'm a non-believer, but people still get me presents. Best one ever my gf made for me as a gift on our 1-year dating anniversary but I still consider it xmas:

EcQATGp.jpg

And the rest so far - although I've not made all the family stops yet so there's more to come - from the left:

1. Bag of junk food for work

2. Fila lightweight, longsleeve workout shirt that is supposed to dry quickly. I like these because I sweat pretty bad while working out and don't like wearing sweatbands.

3. Star Wars Trivial Pursuit - I love Star Wars! This is good to bring to restaurants w/ my gf so I have something meaningful to ask her other than "so how was your day" over and over again.

4. Star Wars mugs w/ cocoa - great for my bleeping cold apartment and it's Star Wars!

5. Spiral Slicer - have recently discovered these and I'm really looking forward to making some veggie pasta by replacing the carb-heavy spaghetti with zucchini strings.

6. T-shirt - my gf got me one of these before and they're a great fit. Since our first date I've moved from a 3XLT to an XLT.

7. Snapware pyrex - I've used a lot of plastic click-lock containers to take food to work, but I hate microwaving stuff in plastic. Just never got around to picking up a set of pyrex and this has a small container that will fit in my laptop bag.

8. Magic-bullet - really wanted this to make quick hummus as I don't like getting the food processor out and having to clean it. Also good for making vegan cheese that I also don't want to haul out the blender.

9. IR Thermometer - now when I deep-fry to make falafel, eggplant, or french fries I'll make sure I have exactly the right temperature!

10. Dirt Devil - gf making a little innuendo that I'm a slob :)

Fu3I2Wj.jpg

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I got a third chain from my Bae and will now be known as 3chaaiiinnnzzzz

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I really don't like xmas as I'm a non-believer, but people still get me presents.

I don't think you need to be religious in order to enjoy Christmas. At least, that's the way it's worked itself out here in Canada. Is it still super-churchy in the States?

Christmas is about family & giving & time spent with loved ones. It's basically "Thanksgiving 2: This Time With Presents". I'd say it's been a non-denominational holiday here since the Joe Clark administration.

As for gifts: sandals, a hockey jersey, and books (including the Toklien translation of Beowulf! Hooray!), plus a few other odds & ends. I have two kids, Christmas is mostly about them now. My time as a primary gift receiver is over, I'm now firmly entrenched in the "gift giver" side of the divide.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I got a nice sweater and $200. I'm gonna use that money to buy a nice condenser microphone so that I can start my YouTube guitar playing career.

Following what you guys are saying. I am no longer ashamed that I draw manga/comics and play video game music on guitar. Merry Christmas !

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I got a nice sweater and $200. I'm gonna use that money to buy a nice condenser microphone so that I can start my YouTube guitar playing career.

Following what you guys are saying. I am no longer ashamed that I draw manga/comics and play video game music on guitar. Merry Christmas !

Sky's the limit my friend

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I ask for World Peace.............................

All that I would like for Christmas is World Peace for this planet...................

That and good health for me, material things do Not do very much for me @ my age....................

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007

Sky's the limit my friend

I've heard him before. I feel like there's already a lot of very talented guys like him, Kabukibear, and Lonlonjp doing solo arrangements. I really wanna do something like Smooth McGroove but only with acoustic guitars and funny videos built in. Calebelijah does something similar, but he also uses other instruments and electric guitars.

I feel like Legend of Dave will be a household name

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
socks and underwear and more clothes to not look like a hobo infront of the family.
i think the best part was sleeping on a real bed. life sucks this days lol.

Xamar*

I got breakfast, lunch , dinner, a bed to sleep on and a warm house with loving family. Apparently asking for more is pushing it.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
*Disclaimer: I'm a spoiled brat*

Lenovo U530 Laptop (1 TB storage, 8 GB RAM, 16 GB SSD)
Shure 750DJ Headphones
Team Canada jersey
REDBLACKS jersey
Money
EB Games Gift Card ($80)
Framed Robin Lehner portrait with signed puck
Additional Sens related clothing

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad