Pre-Game Talk: Christmas Duck

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
...and they're likely playing the 3rd string goalie since Stollarz and Gibson are on the shelf.

Celebrity crushes?

Lea Thompson. Fell in love with her when I was about 10 or 11 and I saw Back to the Future for the first time.

LeaThompson.jpg

I actually wound up working with a girl who was a dead ringer for her but my God, what a bitch.
I worry about you. She has a disturbing mom look to her. hehe Plus its somebody that spends 5hrs doing her hair with mom curlers instead of getting beers.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

It really is crazy how willing to trade Barrie everyone is, including myself most times, when he’s consistently such a strong point producer from the back end, which is something we lacked for so long.

It’s really too bad we’re not set up to have both he and Bouchard on the right side.

Ideally Bouchard on the third pair and Barrie on the second pair with a top pairing RD beside Nurse, and defensively reliable LD to pair with each of them would make for a solid group of Dmen.

Nurse ____
_____ Barrie
Kulak Bouchard
Nemo/Broberg

Not I. I keep getting laughed out of threads for a year straight now for saying i won’t trade Barrie for such and such and that he’s not a cap dump.

Reactions: Beerfish

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
His defensive game is very underrated. In that everyone rates him as trash back there. But he’s really been adequate back there and has been for awhile and even in the playoffs where you’d think some of his supposed warts would be glaring.
I respect that he seems to have been changing his game over the last 2 seasons tonwhat the team needs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I respect that he seems to have been changing his game over the last 2 seasons tonwhat the team needs.
Hes for sure focused on it. Steadily improving since he got here. And he spoke of it too. I remember one of the early Flames games he got caved and battered by the Flames forecheck. In the next game the Oilers and Barrie completely changed how they approached it and Barrie himself noted that you just have to know how much time you have and sometimes it’s better to just get the puck out quick to live another day. That was like the main draw back when it came to his defence, hed get caught looking for a fancy play or outlet. To hear him recognize his biggest weakness and then actually execute on covering for that weakness, is definitely respectable.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
If they don't win now and do in years / Draisaitl has left I will take a burning hate of Holland with me to the grave hahaha he will also go down as one of the biggest failure gms in hockey history

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Probably an injury of some sort?

Like others have said, a Ken Holland trade during the season is pretty much never going to happen unless it's at the deadline.
holland bold move, R Murray for a 6th round pick.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Unless he is playing tonight I do no understand the purpose of the game calling Niemo like an hour before their game last night especially with Bakersfield having a game tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad