Celebrity Death: Christina Grimmie

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I used to love her on youtube and she was such an inspiration to so many people. Seemed like a genuinely kind person just chasing her dream. This is so sad. Rip :(

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Just so absurd and random. By all accounts she seemed like a genuinely nice person.

Shouldn't go unnoticed that her brother tackled the gunman. That takes a ridiculous amount of courage.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
So ****ing sad. :(

Probably some piece of **** ex boyfriend :shakehead Too bad the piece of garbage killed himself too, rather him rot away in jail till he dropped dead.

RIP

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
She had a lot of it. Her career was really taking off as well.

And she was also an incredible person. Lots of people speak about how she was the happiest, most welcoming and genuinely sincere person they've been around.

Yeah, as someone that has her on all the main social media things (FB, Snap, IG, Twitter), her posts were always a ray of bright light and happiness and positivity. Her Snap story from last night is still sitting there and it's a ****ing gut punch.

member 51464

How sad. I have never heard of her, and none of the posted songs impress me except the Wrecking Ball cover, but that doesn't really matter. RIP to the young lady, and glad to know the gunman didn't get away. People suck.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
She is from my town, a few years younger than me but I met her a few times before she was famous and was on the voice. Heard about this earlier today, really ruined my weekend. Florida is terrible.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yeah, as someone that has her on all the main social media things (FB, Snap, IG, Twitter), her posts were always a ray of bright light and happiness and positivity. Her Snap story from last night is still sitting there and it's a ****ing gut punch.

Yeah... I'm going to miss her spirit. It definitely translated through and touched you :(

I've been watching her videos from back when she started until now today and you wouldn't be able to tell the two people apart (though she just continued becoming a better and better singer :)). The fame and recognition never changed who she was and in many ways, it made her even more humble. I wish that more people who have that good fortune had her morals and integrity and followed that lead. Not something we see very often from celebrities.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
wasn't familiar with her until last night when i read about her being shot and in critical condition on the Neogaf forums. i was hoping for the best, that she could survive and make a recovery ...and was then heartbroken to see it being reported that she had passed away.

so young and tragic ...just when she was starting to live her dream. very heroic of her brother to tackle that piece of excrement and prevent him from harming anyone else.

on her wikipedia page it says 'Grimmie cited Christina Aguilera as her main influence vocally. She also said she admired Beyoncé for her vocals. She said she liked dubstep and DJ music, as well as rock 'n roll and heavy metal, listening to Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, and Tool.'

the girl had good taste.

RIP.

Apr 28, 2010
I have no idea who she is but I feel sad hearing this news. Only 22, finally get to live her dreams and this happened.. smfh.

This world is so ****ed-up, man.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I had no idea who she was until last night and decided to listen to some of her covers. So talented. It's heartbreaking because from the very little exposure I had to her, she seemed so down to earth and grounded and was living her dream and now it's all gone at 22-years-old.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00