Celebrity Death: Christina Grimmie

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
US singer Christina Grimmie dies after being shot outside concert in Florida

Former contestant on The Voice was targeted by a gunman who opened fire on her and then killed himself
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ie-shot-outside-concert-in-florida?CMP=twt_gu

Singer Christina Grimmie died after being shot following a concert in Orlando, Florida, on Friday night. Her attacker shot her as
she was signing autographs and then turned the guy on herself.

"It is with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Christina has passed and went home to be with the Lord," her publicist Heather Weiss
said in a statement early Saturday. "We ask at this time that you respect the privacy of her family and friends in their time of mourning."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...na-grimmie-shot-after-florida-concert-n590161

So tragic, such a stupid and unnecessary death.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Was just about to post my thread on this too. Been following it all night. Beyond gutted.

Don't expect many people around here to know her but she was really popular on YouTube starting in 2010 with her covers. Made it onto The Voice in 2014 and finished third. Very talented singer with nowhere to go but up. Super sweet person to all her fans, big video gamer, loved Zelda - only 22, so tragic.

RIP.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
This is just so terrible. I remember discovering her over 6 years ago when she covered this song

RIP. She was so young, this one hurts.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This is just so terrible. I remember discovering her over 6 years ago when she covered this song

RIP. She was so young, this one hurts.

Thats great

really talented person, saw her cover of drake (2 minutes 12 seconds

terrible tragedy,

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Some crazy people out there today man. Another Japanese idol was stabbed outside an event by a fan a few days ago, now this.

RIP.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Her and I grew up in the same area. I didnt know her personally, but know many people who did and they all had nothing but good things to say about her as a person. Truely heartbreaking that someone would do this. RIP.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
The late teens version of me had the biggest crush on her from her videos. But she was also talented as hell too. I'm right around her age, so it's crazy to think someone my age getting straight up murdered.

R.I.P.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Learned about this last night, eventually fell asleep. Woke up to the horrible news.

As I've said elsewhere... became a fan long before she ever became well known. I usually am not a fan of youtube covers and talent but something about her struck a different chord. I adored her passion, enthusiasm and talent immensely; she oozed it in spades and loved doing what she did immensely. Way too young... it's unconscionable this keeps happening to people it shouldn't be happening to in places they have no business being murdered in cold blood.

Numb.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I didn't think anybody else here would of known of Christina. I'm the same age as her and have been following her on Youtube for the last 6 or 7 years. Insanely talented and she was gonna be a star one day.

RIP Christina.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I had never heard of her before, but I saw this blowing up on Twitter she'd been shot with scores of people hoping for a recovery. Obviously popular with younger folks. Then it broke that she'd died.

Jesus Christ. The poor kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad