Celebrity Death: Christina Grimmie

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Sucks man. I was a big fan of hers, going back to her Youtube days. I was shocked/happy when I saw her audition for The Voice, and proud I was one of the earlier fans. She will be missed.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Not against the law. No laws were broken till he pulled the trigger

Forget laws, how does one walk into a venue with two guns? Do people not get checked by security at the door? I can't remember ever going to a concert here in California and not getting a pat-down, which I don't mind at all.

on her wikipedia page it says 'Grimmie cited Christina Aguilera as her main influence vocally. She also said she admired Beyoncé for her vocals. She said she liked dubstep and DJ music, as well as rock 'n roll and heavy metal, listening to Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, and Tool.'

the girl had good taste.

RIP.

Sigh. My kind of girl. I hadn't heard of her before last night but she seemed like a really talented down to earth, open minded person. Sucks that some sick/jealous POS had to take her life.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Forget laws, how does one walk into a venue with two guns? Do people not get checked by security at the door? I can't remember ever going to a concert here in California and not getting a pat-down, which I don't mind at all.

It's a small club and they said security was unarmed and was doing bag checks, but no pat downs or metal detectors. It seems like they were going lax because the crowd was expected to just be young people. Which really sucks, I mean just basic fans there to have a good time and this dude has totally different intentions. So senseless and mind boggling. I cannot even begin to fathom what her brother is going thru being there and having to tackle that guy.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The guy who killed her looks like he could be Anders Breivik's little brother.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
When the brother wrestled him to the ground he shot himself. I wonder if that is the whole truth. I mean he got exactly what he deserved, I really don't care if that the story we go with, I just wonder if it's 100% the truth.

Apr 28, 2010

I know, right? I live in Alberta and there's always body check-ups at every concert I've gone to.

This is really heartbreaking. Can't imagine what her brother is going through right now.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I didn't know her at all, but I was really saddened by this. Yet another senseless death, and for it to happen for someone who was just 22 and had a great career ahead of her, this just sucks.

RIP. :(

Mutagenesis

Nucks/Isles
Jul 21, 2013
Representin' the ABQ
I started following her youtube when I was in first year university. I knew she was going places one day. I was ecstatic when she finally made it on TV and landed her record deal.

And now this. A girl of my age with infinite untapped talent, just gone.

I'm devastated. I really am. I don't know how a person I've never known personally can affect me this much, but I'm grieving. This sucks.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008

Author of one of her favourite animes posted this earlier.

This entire situation is so heartbreaking. She had a great career in front of her, been following her since here and Sam Tsui did the Just a Dream cover years ago.

My thoughts are with her family right now, can't believe what they're going through

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Sam Tsui posted this last night - even cut out Grimmie's vocal parts from when they did the cover all those years back. So heartbreaking.

Syek

Dec 16, 2008
Canada
Hearing this news instantly gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. She had such an incredibly unique voice and was just living out her dream. In a split second that all changed due to such malice. I've followed her music since she started YouTube in 2010, this one especially hits close to home for someone I didn't even know personally. Always a positive young woman who was everyone's friend and did lots of charitable work with animals.

Even after a few days passing it's still too sad to comprehend at the moment. RIP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad