Confirmed with Link: Christian Ehrhoff signs with Penguins (1 Year/$4 Million)

Hans Klopek

Jul 13, 2013
Helsinki, Finland
Krefeldpinguine.jpg

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Man, I feel bad for whoever signs Nisky now. Guy's getting over 6 mil for 7 years. Jesus.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Holy crap, what a deal!
Love this a lot. Upgrade over Nisky and stop gap until the kids can run the powerplay. Great slapshot, too. Love it all around. Ship out Scuderi and this is nothing short of brilliant.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
TREMENDOUS signing, especially on a 1 year 4M deal!

OK JR, i blasted you pretty hard, but Kasperi in the draft and this makes a nice start to the offseason.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Changing post.

I am pretty happy with this, but we HAVE to move one of Scuderi or Martin.

I would not mind both now.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I really wanted us to sign a vet as a short-term stopgap. I was thinking Boyle, but then Ehrhoff got bought out and we pounced. Beautiful.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
Why do people think moving Martin makes sense?
If the cap goes up, isn't Ehrloff going to require more money than him to sign (after his one year left)?

What if he is here just to pad his stats, and then is one and done?

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
Perfect deal for both sides. Ehrhoff can bounce back and might even get a shot at the cup and the Pens keep their flexibility to make room for any of their young defensemen.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Why do people think moving Martin makes sense?
If the cap goes up, isn't Ehrloff going to require more money than him to sign (after his one year left)?

What if he is here just to pad his stats, and then is one and done?

If he will sign a long term extension fine.

I am doubting that he will reasonably.

If so move him for a great return now, and develop the youth that will be playing next year when he leaves anyways.

Basically we have the same situation now with Ehrhoff as we do with Martin. And Ehrhoff cost us nothing. No one says we have less of a chance at resigning Ehrhoff than Martin.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Martin and or Scuds will have to move. I do think Kulemin will be the next target. Signing gives Pens flexibility next year for DP one year in WB and possibly moving Letang. The only issue left assuming Kulemin is fourth line guys.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
If he will sign a long term extension fine.

I am doubting that he will reasonably.

If so move him for a great return now, and develop the youth that will be playing next year when he leaves anyways.

Are you talking about Martin or Ehrloff?
Are you saying Martin should basically get a reasonable retirement deal, or be moved now?

Or trade Ehrloff at the deadline or something, for a foreward?

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
I like this deal more and more as I think about it. Last year's team wasn't a contender, and realistically you cannot expect this team to be either. I think it's pretty obvious this is a one year special guest appearance contract, and as such you have a great opportunity to flip him at the deadline for some assets.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Wish I had the stones to predict things more often. I had a feeling he would land here. I at least speculated about it earlier today. Nice move.

GnomE

Mar 17, 2005
Changing post.

I am pretty happy with this, but we HAVE to move one of Scuderi or Martin.

I would not mind both now.

Ehrhoff is no Martin. Not close defensively.

You want to keep those top pairing defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad