Recalled/Assigned: Chris Wideman called up [upd: 1/5 - Returned]

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I doubt he even gets a chance to play unless the coaching staff has decided Gryba needs a day off. There's no chance he plays in favour of Ceci

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Maybe slot him in for Gryba vs Tampa?

Not really liking the chances of Gryba vs Tampa's forward group, Wideman might be better against them.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Gryba has been steady and consistent all year. Nothing against Wideman but they should've recalled a lefthanded defenseman and decide if Phillips needs a break.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
exciting. we got our torey krug. and going head to head today!!

very interested to see what he can do.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Why is he being called up? our roster is pretty jammed.

With methot being sent to bingo and boro being injured, we have 6 healthy defenceman. We carry 7 and sit one in case of an injury, like boro's, which happened per game. It's standard practice.

Wideman won't play unless there's an injury to one of the 6 regulars according to coach Cameron.

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa

With Methot and Boro injured the sens are carrying 6 defencemen. If one gets injured today they'll need a replacement for tomorrow.

A minute late.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

With Methot in Bingo and Boro hurt they need an extra D (7th) for the short trip. He's just insurance. Coach said he won't play barring something happening. Maybe he knows something about a right D we don't know.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Putting him in for Gryba against Tampa is the most logical thing to do.
He knows half of their forward group from Bingo-Syracuse rivalry.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
I believe Cameron indicated in his post practice interview yesterday that whoever the call up was, it was going to be their best player (we know now it is Wideman) and was not going to play. Strictly insurance.

I doubt we see a regular or Weircioch sit out. If they sit out Weircioch as a healthy scratch for Wideman, it basically sends the message that it's the end of Weircioch as a Senator. You don't sit out a guy who has been on the roster all year for a look see on a prospect in 2 must win games for the team. Not unless the guy who sits out is already on the outs or completely screws the pooch in the first game, which would then put him on the outs.

I guess we shall see.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
It would be crazy if he was decent at the nhl level. That would mean 4 of our 2009 picks were good. even the 3 in the nhl are pretty decent. Cowen, Silfverberg, Hoffman.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Putting him in for Gryba against Tampa is the most logical thing to do.
He knows half of their forward group from Bingo-Syracuse rivalry.

NOoooooo! A non NHL D man will do better? Gryba gets a lot of top line assignments. Ceci is the most logical choice as he has been struggling. You want to take out a consistent defender who handles the most PK minutes and replace him with an offensive D. We will need to score 5 goals to have a chance of winning.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad