Confirmed with Link: Chris Wideman - 2 year extension, 762.5k AAV

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Kulak fait de l’œil au Canadien

Kulak says he's definitely interested in coming back. With how he played in the playoffs, I think I would have preferred him over Wideman, but we can't have both next year, right?
We could but not sure we should since it would no doubt have to be a multi year deal. For example we could go with
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Kulak - Barron
Wideman

And if we trade Petry at the draft and then fail to sign Letang/Gudbranson which seems semi-likely then that's another open spot for a Rookie. And if someone like Harris really impresses you can always send Wideman to the AHL.

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
If im not mistaken, this was Hughe’s first (on ice) signing as a GM? Good move.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
We could but not sure we should since it would no doubt have to be a multi year deal. For example we could go with
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Kulak - Barron
Wideman

And if we trade Petry at the draft and then fail to sign Letang/Gudbranson which seems semi-likely then that's another open spot for a Rookie. And if someone like Harris really impresses you can always send Wideman to the AHL.
If Harris/Barron play in the NHL, they're not suited for 7th D, which puts Kulak on the bench. In my mind it doesn't work, plus if Schueneman has a good camp, I can see MSL having him on the lineup. I'd like a rookie spot to start the season plus one midseason

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The kind of player who can play minutes in a tank season, and provide a little power play depth in a competitive one. Solid contract.

He's just talented enough that the young guns will have to work to jump him in the depth chart, but it's not an impossible challenge to do so. Let's the kids earn it and let's the kids dictate when we need to take the next steps

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If Harris/Barron play in the NHL, they're not suited for 7th D, which puts Kulak on the bench. In my mind it doesn't work, plus if Schueneman has a good camp, I can see MSL having him on the lineup. I'd like a rookie spot to start the season plus one midseason
Agreed you don't want a young guy as the 7th D. But at the same time you don't want to have too many spots for rookies in case at camp it's clear that they need some time in the AHL.

My feeling is we should plan for one, but it's probably fine if there are two spots. But ideally we will have resolved the Petry situation before needing to decide whether to make an offer on Kulak.

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Raw Knuckles pod

very nice interview.

hockey players are the best ppl in the world, mostly.

I just listened to it today.

Great interview, and Wideman was really genuine and candid for a current player.

It's the first time he's come out about the Uber incident as far as I know. He didn't make any excuses, and let's face it, it would have been easy to do that.

How many of us have bad mouthed our teachers/professors with a group of people outside the classroom? Wideman just happened to get recorded, and published by the driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I just listened to it today.

Great interview, and Wideman was really genuine and candid for a current player.

It's the first time he's come out about the Uber incident as far as I know. He didn't make any excuses, and let's face it, it would have been easy to do that.

How many of us have bad mouthed our teachers/professors with a group of people outside the classroom? Wideman just happened to get recorded, and published by the driver.
Wideman really sounds like a guy who learned his lesson and actually managed to grow as a person/leader out of it. Happy they brought him back.

Reactions: Sagikev and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad