Chris Wagner

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Kesler not skating this morning. That could be the reason Wagner hasn't been sent down yet. Maybe they want to make sure Kesler is good to go before sending him down.

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
There is also the case that San Diego isn't playing right now, so keeping him up makes a huge difference on his earnings (he is on a two-way contract).

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
There is also the case that San Diego isn't playing right now, so keeping him up makes a huge difference on his earnings (he is on a two-way contract).

It makes a huge difference for him but the Ducks would save money if they sent him down immediately. It would make sense to trim the roster as much as possible considering we have four player not on the roster due to injury but are each collecting a paycheck. I really don't know why they waived him if they weren't going to send him down. Maybe it's so they can have the option to send him down in case they want to call up someone like Ritchie in a pinch? I can't imagine it's to light a fire under his ass like they did with Beleskey several years ago. Wagner being a spare forward is perfectly fine. I don't really know what they want to do with him.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
It does save money, but it also work as a reward. I think I have heard GMBM talk about that before.

But they've sent guys down for a couple days between games to save money so i don't think they're too bothered about that.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I guess it's moot at this point now that he's been sent down. Don't know why they didn't just send him down as soon as he cleared. Perhaps Murray tried to find a trading partner first. But there are some who don't think GMs that waive their players also look to get a return for them in the event they might lose them for nothing.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
It really is just a matter of time before our forwards start to pick up some injuries like our D has.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00