Player Discussion Chris Tierney (C)

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I would rather watch Kelly play than continue to watch Tierney. Kelly really hustles and hits. Tierney slowly skates up and down the ice and never hits anyone. I think the fact that he was not traded at the TDL reflects that he has limited to no future value. I fear what Dorion is going to do with him.

Part of the Karlsson trade was to play Tierney until he is 43.

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Can you please be our GM?

lol thanks but I wouldn't be qualified for the job. I also haven't worked in the hockey field and I believe you need a lot of experience before reaching that position. Dorion has been a scout since 1994 so he became a GM 22 years later. So experience is not the problem with him, it's more that maybe he should have capped before. And there's nothing wrong with that, not a lot of people are going to be good at this executive level.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not a terrible idea. If he can turn it around then he can help them with some depth options. Otherwise ahl

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Can't think of a more frustrating player in recent memory. His first year here, he seemed like a solid centre who can play anywhere throughout the lineup. Over the last two years, he just seemed like he didn't care, especially during a contract year. Dude has no motor and I hope he turns it around for himself

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Can't think of a more frustrating player in recent memory. His first year here, he seemed like a solid centre who can play anywhere throughout the lineup. Over the last two years, he just seemed like he didn't care, especially during a contract year. Dude has no motor and I hope he turns it around for himself
My Grandma would break him into 345 pieces with a clean hit
Never seen a player so afraid of physical contact
His wife must....

available lol

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Right after we traded pageau and he essentially moved into his role, there were a few games where he actually looked better than jgp. That didn’t last long though. He became totally useless. Again, hope he can get it back.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I think he was another guy that covid didn’t sit well with him.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Never liked his play, he's like an anti-hockey player. When you need to hussle for the puck, he wont. When you have a good opportunity to hit an opposing player, he won't. His fundamentals are good, but he's such an uninspiring player to watch on the ice.

Reactions: Cosmix

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
It's like he knows what to do and where to be and then decides he doesn't want to do whatever he knows he should.

Edit: By the end I felt like he was treating NHL games like he was a retired player in a celebrity game.

Reactions: Cosmix

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Interestingly did a call on “Chris Tierney private” in Ottawa yesterday.

Fittingly it was the street name for a dumpy trailer park lol

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Great read of nicknames.

I recall a few that they missed:
Gary "Suitcase" Smith
Teemu Selanne - Salamy
Gordie Howe - Elbows

Ad