Chris Tanev appreciation thread

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Uggggghhh. I really hope Tan Man doesn't get priced out. I'll be livid.

Shouldn't be a problem. Low scoring dmen that aren't tough/physical rarely make big money.

Tanev will probably be in line for a 4 year, $10mil contract after this season. Fans will say he got too much and it will go on to be a steal.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I searched for a Chris Tanev appreciation thread and this is what I found. For everything he's done and everything he continues to do, I appreciate Chris Tanev. The player. The person. The mentor. The Canuck. We can have a legitimate discussion on whether or not we can afford to extend him with our regrettable salary cap constraints but there is no debate on what this player has meant to this franchise.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
If he didn't have half his injury concerns, resigning Tanev would be a no brainer.

He seems like he's been back to peak Tanev performance lately. I feel if we lose him after the season, or even long term this season, there will be a noticeable drop in performance from his replacement.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
At this point, if Tanev manages to stay relatively healthy, the Canucks should look into re-signing Tanev. Of course Tanev will likely be looking for term as much as money. Expansion draft protection might be something Tanev will live with as I don't see other teams offering him that.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
If he didn't have half his injury concerns, resigning Tanev would be a no brainer.

He seems like he's been back to peak Tanev performance lately. I feel if we lose him after the season, or even long term this season, there will be a noticeable drop in performance from his replacement.

There's a decision to make for sure. When the team cut ties with Salo, Ohlund, Jovonovski, and Bieksa left, the players each had 1-3 solid years left but signed contracts lasting well past their declines. I think Tanev will remain a similar impact player (when he's on the ice) for 2-3 more seasons at least. If he's willing to sign for a reasonable cap hit for 3 or less years, the team should definitely pull the trigger. If he demands too much cap hit or too lengthy of a contract, there's a much more difficult discussion to be had.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
He sure put a scare into us in... what was it, Washington? where he took multiple shot blocks in the legs and had to go down the tunnel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad