Chris Tanev appreciation thread

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
With everyone playing their top-end games, I think Hamhuis and Garrison are better defensively, but Tanev still has potential and improving to do himself.

I think he'll be a top four defensemen at his peak, but he'll be one solid rock, there's no doubt about that.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I would say that he is behind Hamhuis and Garrison, but enough with the detracting comments, this is an appreciation thread :yo:

tumblr_m7u9t1XtSG1qib4uqo1_500.jpg

:banana: :banana:

Our most consistent player imo

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Hamhuis? This season? Really?

Tanev and Garrison have been our most solid all season.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I think he'll be a top four defensemen at his peak, but he'll be one solid rock, there's no doubt about that.

He's a top 4 defensemen right now... and still improving. He still has 4 or 5 years until his prime starts... lots of time to round out his game offensively and be a top pairing guy.

Filiatron

Feb 18, 2005
I continue to be very impressed with Tanev. I'm comfortable with him in the top 4. Poised and steady.

Outside99*

Great young player, Gillis should extend him asap. Only real weakness is getting out muscled, he is stronger than last year though and I expect he'll continue to get stronger. Should be on the long list for Team Canada because of his superior positioning, passing, reaction time, speed and mobility.

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
With Edler being suspended... is he now our best defensive dman?
What a find =D

I'd put Hamhuis, Garrison, and Tanev all as better defensive Dmen than Edler (and Bieksa when paired with Hamhuis).

The suspension hurt our offensive side of the D-corps more.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Edler being suspended doesn't change Tanevs position on this team as a defensive D-man. He's been better than Edler in that department for the last 2 seasons.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Why hasn't he been given a shot on the PP? We are in desperate need of a RH shot on the point and Tanev is effective at moving the puck and has shown he can score from that high slot.

I'd put Hamhuis, Garrison, and Tanev all as better defensive Dmen than Edler (and Bieksa when paired with Hamhuis).

The suspension hurt our offensive side of the D-corps more.

I assumed he was joking...

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
He is my favourite d-man on the Canucks by far.

All hail CHRISTanev. :bow:

Can you imagine if we hadn't signed him? This team would be a nightmare.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He's a top 4 defensemen right now... and still improving. He still has 4 or 5 years until his prime starts... lots of time to round out his game offensively and be a top pairing guy.

Good point, but I think he'll just be a really good second pairing defensemen. I could, and hope I am wrong though. I don't want to doubt Tanev - he's earned the right to not be doubted. :laugh:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Defensively he's been our most consistent guy all season, plus he's chipped in offensively every now and then.

Just needs to work on the shot. :laugh:

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Such a stud.

xDDlffi.jpg

;)

I wore that around campus on Thursday during the 'Yotes game and he scored. All me.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Such a stud.

xDDlffi.jpg

;)

I wore that around campus on Thursday during the 'Yotes game and he scored. All me.

Like Cyclone Taylor of old, Tanev is a true Millionaire, in that he's not actually a millionaire.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Is that a millionaires jersey or a practice??

Millionaires.

Sv63HB9.jpg

If he gets traded/doesn't resign I will be choked. It'll sit next to my Hodgson jersey in my room of despair.

Oh and yes I have pretty pink flower bed sheets. The ladies love it.

Like Cyclone Taylor of old, Tanev is a true Millionaire, in that he's not actually a millionaire.

:laugh:

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
He's one of my favorite players on the team to watch. He reads the play so well and does a great job executing under pressure. Hopefully he keeps working on his game in the offensive zone. I think he has the skating and puck handling to be a QB if he grows his confidence in that regard.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
If Raymond is still with us next year, i'll get his jersey, if not i'll get a Tanev. Would be pretty pissed to lose either.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
he really works best with ballard, i notice he gets hit a lot when he's playing with anyone else, especially with the clueless bros alberts and barker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad