Confirmed with Link: Chris Summers Resigned

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Personally I'd trade 10 calder cups for one extra Rangers' playoff win. Maybe I'm in the minority.

1. The success of the Rangers is barely connected to the success of the Pack. It's not like signing top AHLers harms the Rangers.

2. Who cares if the Rangers get 1 extra playoff win or even one extra round so long as it's in the first round? Do you remember 5 or 10 or 25 years ago how many games the Rangers won in the playoffs? The team needs to go to at least the ELC for it to be memorable. Whehter it's round 1 or round 2 is irrelevant and immediately forgettable. At least with the Calder Cup, we have something to follow into June.

*Bob Richards*

I did enjoy his Chris' Corner segment on Blueshirts United. :D

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't know whether I'd call Herman a moron--but I'm not a fan of his. I've had one kind of negative interaction with him-- not that I was looking for it either. I don't really look at him as an expert--more that he's fairly well informed but also has certain biases. There are a lot of rangers posters here at HF who are just as well versed if not better versed. It's not just Herman though there are other blogsters who are a little full of themselves as well. I did like Leslie-- not saying I always agreed with her on everything but she tried hard and had a nice personality and she was open to being critiqued.

Anyway we need some guys in Hartford who are experienced--who can help younger guys get acclimated into what it takes to become a professional. It helps if they can play well at the level they're at. Summers seems okay at the. AHL level--not so okay at the NHL level--and Hartford's really short on defensemen at the moment so I don't have a real problem with the Rangers bringing him back.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He wore an A for Hartford last season. This is very likely nothing more than veteran leadership signing for the Wolf Pack.

just don't want him taking ice time away from port-siders Skjei, Graves Bodie,
but all of those 3 have also played on Right side,

the right side is a crapshoot, with Mantha cut loose,
Andersson/Hughes both injury prone last season, Donnay perhaps not ready,
J.Smith only a future NYR here at HFB-NYR until actually signed,

HWP will need the depth

- still don't get the Mantha snub, but gotta assume they saw a major flaw or just limited upside
(or maybe just $$, one tweet cited negotiations)
course, they could redraft him ~5th, and this time he accepts what they offer ...

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I don't know whether I'd call Herman a moron--but I'm not a fan of his. I've had one kind of negative interaction with him-- not that I was looking for it either. I don't really look at him as an expert--more that he's fairly well informed but also has certain biases. There are a lot of rangers posters here at HF who are just as well versed if not better versed. It's not just Herman though there are other blogsters who are a little full of themselves as well. I did like Leslie-- not saying I always agreed with her on everything but she tried hard and had a nice personality and she was open to being critiqued.

Anyway we need some guys in Hartford who are experienced--who can help younger guys get acclimated into what it takes to become a professional. It helps if they can play well at the level they're at. Summers seems okay at the. AHL level--not so okay at the NHL level--and Hartford's really short on defensemen at the moment so I don't have a real problem with the Rangers bringing him back.

Herman is extremely thin-skinned and every tweet of his trying to highlight the absurdity of other viewpoints are complete strawmen. He tries to make anyone who disagrees with him out to be the biggest idiot, yet rarely cites his source.

The Summers signing is fine by me, as long as he doesn't see the NHL. He can be buried without incurring a cap hit, and he's been nothing but a good soldier down in Hartford. This is an AHL move. Herman just wants to jump on any signing that isn't a fancystat darling.

That's not to say I'm against fancystats in any way, because I'm not. But, leadership is extremely important in the minors. These young guys need someone to teach them how to handle themselves like a professional. Summers has shown he can do that.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Resigned =/= re-signed

I hate being a "grammar nazi" on the internet, because honestly, no one cares, but yeah there's a significant difference between resign and re-sign. :laugh:

As far as Herman, we're not really supposed to discuss the source, but that's a silly tweet. He's just drumming up controversy. It's like ESPN's "embrace the debate" BS. He knows what he's doing. The discussion of his tweet here and on other boards probably gained him a few followers. Obnoxious but savvy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I hate being a "grammar nazi" on the internet, because honestly, no one cares, but yeah there's a significant difference between resign and re-sign. :laugh:

As far as Herman, we're not really supposed to discuss the source, but that's a silly tweet. He's just drumming up controversy. It's like ESPN's "embrace the debate" BS. He knows what he's doing. The discussion of his tweet here and on other boards probably gained him a few followers. Obnoxious but savvy.

He's a troll, though. He's not a "source".

member 116805

Yep, he gets quoted on here and takes it to twitter and ridicules it people who disagree.
Really hard to take him serious when he laughs at people and never tags them though. Asked him about that a couple of times, no answer. Well at least i dindt get blocked
Guy says he isnt on Hf boards but keep posting screen shots. Lame.
Btw, you can quote me on this Adam.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yep, he gets quoted on here and takes it to twitter and ridicules it people who disagree.
Really hard to take him serious when he laughs at people and never tags them though. Asked him about that a couple of times, no answer. Well at least i dindt get blocked
Guy says he isnt on Hf boards but keep posting screen shots. Lame.
Btw, you can quote me on this Adam.

OTOH he doesn't seem to care when people treat his material as casually as he does theirs. No quid pro quo there. He strikes me as a punk--and not the music loving kind. So...A few years back I decided to ignore him and...my life continued on seamlessly without him. Of course if he wanted to take the plunge and actually post on HF and actually have to debate some of his theories he's welcome to.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Lol that tweet set off a firestorm.

It's over reactionary, sure, but I think his ultimate point is that leadership and all that is fine but you could probably get a career AHL'er with leadership that's actually good. He referenced Chris Bourque as a guy that performs well at the AHL level who's been around.

This signing is just whatever to me. I dislike it because there's a chance he'll actually play a game with us at some point. He's just not good.

And Herman used to be a poster here that was a pretty big name FYI.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lol that tweet set off a firestorm.

It's over reactionary, sure, but I think his ultimate point is that leadership and all that is fine but you could probably get a career AHL'er with leadership that's actually good. He referenced Chris Bourque as a guy that performs well at the AHL level who's been around.

This signing is just whatever to me. I dislike it because there's a chance he'll actually play a game with us at some point. He's just not good.

And Herman used to be a poster here that was a pretty big name FYI.

That was his whole point, which he goes into in his following tweets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad