Confirmed with Link: Chris Summers Resigned

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
He panders to a large segment of them, so I'm not surprised.

maybe ill find whatever he most recently tweeted about Carl Klingberg so I can set off an absolute **** storm....

To get back on topic: Chris Summers played for us against the capitals in that game last december when we lost 7-3. I didn't like that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
maybe ill find whatever he most recently tweeted about Carl Klingberg so I can set off an absolute **** storm....

To get back on topic: Chris Summers played for us against the capitals in that game last december when we lost 7-3. I didn't like that.

So are we to assume that the reason we got waxed by the Caps that night was Chris Summers? It takes a team of twenty and you shouldn't always look at the weakest link to blame.

Herman and maybe some others miss the point that the Rangers aren't signing Summers with the idea he's going to play for the Rangers next year. He was re-signed to help whatever prospects the Rangers have to take the next step to realizing their hopes of becoming NHL players. Most other if not all NHL teams have a player--sometimes three or four toiling in the AHL serving the same basic function.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

That's nice. He's a depth/injury guy and a good role model for prospects in Hartford. If the team is built properly, his existence should be meaningless to the Rangers other than in a mentor role.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So are we to assume that the reason we got waxed by the Caps that night was Chris Summers? It takes a team of twenty and you shouldn't always look at the weakest link to blame.

Herman and maybe some others miss the point that the Rangers aren't signing Summers with the idea he's going to play for the Rangers next year. He was re-signed to help whatever prospects the Rangers have to take the next step to realizing their hopes of becoming NHL players. Most other if not all NHL teams have a player--sometimes three or four toiling in the AHL serving the same basic function.

And this is exactly why the guy is clueless. He has no idea of the fact that we need to sign mentoring players and role players for Hartford. We have 50 NHL contracts and only 23 roster spots. What, does Herman expect that every single signing should be a legitimate NHL player? It's a moronic stance to take and shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Hell, just look at the impact Redden had on McDonagh. He directly cited Redden's mentoring and leadership on his development. These types of players are vital to development. But someone like Herman wouldn't understand that since he doesn't understand the overall game. It astounds me that anyone takes this guy and his lack of knowledge seriously.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
And this is exactly why the guy is clueless. He has no idea of the fact that we need to sign mentoring players and role players for Hartford. We have 50 NHL contracts and only 23 roster spots. What, does Herman expect that every single signing should be a legitimate NHL player? It's a moronic stance to take and shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Hell, just look at the impact Redden had on McDonagh. He directly cited Redden's mentoring and leadership on his development. These types of players are vital to development. But someone like Herman wouldn't understand that since he doesn't understand the overall game. It astounds me that anyone takes this guy and his lack of knowledge seriously.

Every year the same thing keeps coming up. There are people who think Hartford should have nothing but 20 to 23 year olds. Everybody a prospect--and it would be okay if they all lived in a barracks and the coach and his assistants took care of all their needs on and off the ice but it doesn't work that way. AHL veterans help the younger players adjust to life outside the rink--at practices--and in dressing rooms when the younger guys are going through a kind of version of shell shock. You should want to develop your real prospects in a winning environment. You're not getting there unless there are veterans to show them the way. It's ignorant to think otherwise.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, C. summers signed and that`s fine with me - not like it will matter much in cap era.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I have a hard time believing Chris Summers has the same effect on young players as Redden.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00