Rumor: Chris Stewart to Boston?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm not sure. I believe Mesz signing put us above the floor, and in that case, losing Stewart's cap hit would put us under again. Unless there's something I'm missing. It may well be. I learn something about the cap every year. :)

I don't recall who hot signed when...we were over the floor before Ennis was resigned.

Right now we are about $7.5M over the floor.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
We are at 58,500,000, cap is 69,000,000... What's the floor? 53? I think we would be fine And still over if we lost Stewart's 4.15M

The floor is 51

Even better.

We're fine.

I don't recall who hot signed when...we were over the floor before Ennis was resigned.

Right now we are about $7.5M over the floor.

You know that feeling when someone's wrong on the Internet, and you realize it's you? I'm just gonna put my dunce cap on and go stand in the corner.

:dunce:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
For future reference, the Upper Limit (that is, the Salary Cap) is 115% of (or 1.15x) the Adjusted Midpoint. The Lower Limit (or Salary Floor) is 85% of (or .85x) the Adjusted Midpoint. That means that the Lower Limit is about 74% of the Upper Limit. More precisely the Lower Limit is 17/23s of the Upper Limit (which is part of why the math works so easily with a $69M Upper Limit, as 69 is a multiple of 23)

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
How about we keep the Islander's 2nd and we eat $2M of his salary instead?

Seriously doubt that does it. I presume we're eating salary anyways just to stay at the cap floor. Nobody's giving a 1st for Stewart without a major kicker.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Yeah but seriously. Based on the start he's had, I'd be shocked to see him with 15 goals at the deadline.

Heck, will he have 15 points? :laugh: :cry:

I would add something along with Stewart to land Pastrnak. What about Benoit? :sarcasm:

Pastrnak isn't going anywhere. He has six points in five AHL games in Providence, and that isn't an easy league for an 18-year-old to produce points. They love him.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
How about something around Stewart & NYI 2nd for Malcom Subban?
We need a top-tier goalie prospect for this organization, and they already have Raask signed up for the long haul.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
How about something around Stewart & NYI 2nd for Malcom Subban?
We need a top-tier goalie prospect for this organization, and they already have Raask signed up for the long haul.

I like Malcolm, but that might be a bit much to give up for a guy with 0 NHL games.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I like Malcolm, but that might be a bit much to give up for a guy with 0 NHL games.

I agree. Just take a goalie with that Islander's 2nd round draft pick, and you could end up with as good a prospect as Malcolm.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-sabres-stewart-drawing-major-interest/

On Sunday, the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch claimed “lots of teams†are interested to see what Sabres GM Tim Murray will do with Stewart, fellow UFA winger Drew Stafford and defenseman Tyler Myers, who’s under contract through 2018-19 at an annual cap hit of $5.5 million.

Garrioch noted the Ottawa Senators were interested in Stewart last season, but the Sabres asking price was “Mark Stone or some other high-end prospect.†If that price hasn’t changed, Garrioch doubts the Senators will do it.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I agree. Just take a goalie with that Islander's 2nd round draft pick, and you could end up with as good a prospect as Malcolm.

For me, there's a chronological aspect of this. A 2015 2nd round pick may not be ready to be a significant contributor when the Sabres become good again. Subban's window would fit that better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad