Rumor: Chris Stewart to Boston?

ZeroPT*

Spooner+Bartkowski for Stewart (with salary retention). Send Strachan to Roch. Waive Benoit. Done.

Spooner is a very good middle 6 young roster player. He's just a victim of numbers on Boston and is getting tossed around on the depth chart. He's better than Larsson IMO. Bart is a bottom pairing young D who's better than Weber,Ben and Mez. He's a UFA at year's end.

Bps21*

I'm not very familiar with what Boston has that they'd part with. And honestly...I don't really value Stewart very much either. But if the reports that there are a few teams who want him are true...strike now...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Too soon to even speculate.

Right now he probably gets a 2nd

Come TD day ..he could be worth more if he steps it up.

Bps21*

I'll take the biggest skilled wing prospect they'll part with.

That's how I roll.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Elliot Friedman basically said there was no deal to be made this morning. Sorry to be a wet blanket.
Yet. doesnt mean negotiations and offer's aren't being thrown around. I know Murray is listening however trading him to a division rival isn't something I particularly care for but if the return is someone like Spooner. Then go for it.

Bps21*

Yet. doesnt mean negotiations and offer's aren't being thrown around. I know Murray is listening however trading him to a division rival isn't something I particularly care for but if the return is someone like Spooner. Then go for it.

I'd think that in cases like this it would be the other team that wouldn't want to trade in the division. How much would Murray care if a division opponent had Stewart this year?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Too soon to even speculate.

Right now he probably gets a 2nd

Come TD day ..he could be worth more if he steps it up.

Yeah but seriously. Based on the start he's had, I'd be shocked to see him with 15 goals at the deadline.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
trade him while he is worth something. as the season wears on and pro scouts begin to follow the sabres more closely, i do not anticipate that they will like the effort they see out of stewart. think he looks lackadaisical now? wait til january.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
If there's a deal to be made here, something equal has to come back capwise. Sabres has to stay above the cap floor and Bruins under the ceiling.

I still kind of like Stewart and am not yet horrified by the thought of actually keeping him through the rebuild, but on the other hand he's not doing much to back me up on that feeling, so... :dunno:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
If there's a deal to be made here, something equal has to come back capwise. Sabres has to stay above the cap floor

Would losing Stewart change that? I'd think with all our other signings that we would still be fine (Meszaros making Ehrhoff money :shakehead... Gionta... Moulson's cap hit...)

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Would losing Stewart change that? I'd think with all our other signings that we would still be fine (Meszaros making Ehrhoff money :shakehead... Gionta... Moulson's cap hit...)

I'm not sure. I believe Mesz signing put us above the floor, and in that case, losing Stewart's cap hit would put us under again. Unless there's something I'm missing. It may well be. I learn something about the cap every year. :)

Bps21*

Yeah I think we're like 7+ million over the floor.

Retain half of Stewart's $ and we're still 5 million over.

Bps21*

I'm not sure. I believe Mesz signing put us above the floor, and in that case, losing Stewart's cap hit would put us under again. Unless there's something I'm missing. It may well be. I learn something about the cap every year. :)

Didn't we sign Ennis after that though?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
We could retain half his salary, which would help us stay above the floor and bump up his value a little in a trade.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
We are at 58,500,000, cap is 69,000,000... What's the floor? 53? I think we would be fine And still over if we lost Stewart's 4.15M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad