GDT: Chris Pronger's jersey retirement night: Blues Vs Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Even when he’d been playing which I get it was probably hard for him to get in a routine of things he wasn’t making much of an impact
He started off decent until he got ran into the wall by DeBrincat, tried to play through injury, came back too soon went back to ir due to injury, then went to covid list. This is probably the first time he's been healthy since early this season.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Pretty impressive win from the boys last night! Nashville has been playing really well lately, but we didn't let up on them during those final two periods. Great to see Schenn have such a strong game and that shot of his is still elite. What else to say about Barbashev?

Now the question is does Husso get the next start? He made some big saves throughout this game that allowed us to pick up the W.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Pretty impressive win from the boys last night! Nashville has been playing really well lately, but we didn't let up on them during those final two periods. Great to see Schenn have such a strong game and that shot of his is still elite. What else to say about Barbashev?

Now the question is does Husso get the next start? He made some big saves throughout this game that allowed us to pick up the W.
I bet they split the next two starts with Husso getting Friday’s game in Seattle, and Binnington getting Vancouver on Sunday. Only way that changes is if Husso puts up a shutout or something. Even then I think they’d go back to Binnington most likely.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
I bet they split the next two starts with Husso getting Friday’s game in Seattle, and Binnington getting Vancouver on Sunday. Only way that changes is if Husso puts up a shutout or something. Even then I think they’d go back to Binnington most likely.

The Blues have a b2b Sun/Mon. So that will be split. The question is who gets Friday's start.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
And when Husso struggles, this forum will call him a bum ass and pine for Binner or Charlie. Bipolar fanbase.

I get your sentiment. But are we supposed to offer positive reinforcement and act like everything’s okay when someone is struggling?

The team is in a win-now stage this isn’t really a time when you can sit there and act as if a guy isn’t struggling a bit. Now I will agree some have blown it a bit out of proportion. But Binner hasn’t been playing all that great and Husso has. There’s reason to want to give Husso a bit more opportunity for a while.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Was it me, or did Saad look awful last night? He just looked completely sapped of energy, always a step behind the play, soft on the puck and was rarely where he needed to be. I saw the same thing from Perron, but it was his first game back in a while so he gets a mulligan.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Was it me, or did Saad look awful last night? He just looked completely sapped of energy, always a step behind the play, soft on the puck and was rarely where he needed to be. I saw the same thing from Perron, but it was his first game back in a while so he gets a mulligan.
We had one line that was great and 3 that weren’t.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I like how our team this year can battle back from a goal deficit. They have that confidence.

We are certainly different than previous years where our defense was what defined us. Now we have more offensive tools and can register goals with teams like Toronto and the Avs.

Before the playoffs we need to get the D to play way better. Then I will be confident in a deep playoff run.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Is it weird that the only teams I worry about in the west are Colorado and freaking Arizona? Like I think the Blues could win a 7 game series against ANYONE in the west, but freaking Arizona gives me the depression.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Is it weird that the only teams I worry about in the west are Colorado and freaking Arizona? Like I think the Blues could win a 7 game series against ANYONE in the west, but freaking Arizona gives me the depression.
colorado is a first round choke waiting to happen with that goaltending. toronto and them are a cut of the same cloth. this team can play with anyone if they get elite goaltending. thats what the playoffs always comes down to, timely scoring and elite goaltending. I hope the blues are the underdogs in every series they play, assuming they make the playoffs.

TBH its kinda stupid to think about the playoffs this season though since a covid wave could wipe out even the best team. Going to be crazy to see WHEN a team is in total control of a series before covid turns the tide and cost them the series. Remember in 2003 when the Blues had the Canucks dead to rights before a flu wave wiped them out and they lost the series in 7? they wont stop a series for any team unless 1 or 2 avalanche people get it, in which case the entire league will shut down until they are healthy and cleared.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I like how our team this year can battle back from a goal deficit. They have that confidence.

We are certainly different than previous years where our defense was what defined us. Now we have more offensive tools and can register goals with teams like Toronto and the Avs.

Before the playoffs we need to get the D to play way better. Then I will be confident in a deep playoff run.
agree. not sure where this dzone dysfunction is coming from, but they need to fix it, sooner than later.

luckily, the game last night was like 2 different games.. but Forsberg and Duchesne were beasts.. woof.. talk about strong on your skates

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
agree. not sure where this dzone dysfunction is coming from, but they need to fix it, sooner than later.

luckily, the game last night was like 2 different games.. but Forsberg and Duchesne were beasts.. woof.. talk about strong on your skates

Forsberg seems to be a force every time I watch him. Reminds me a lot of Vladi in regards to a powerful skater with good goal scoring ability. Unfortunately, like Vladi they both have had constant bouts with injuries the patient few years.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
That’s what someone here said a few months ago. Lol.

It was @BadgersandBlues , I think. Showed me a fancy graphic and everything.
Yep it was me - and I stand by that statement. Only the rosiest homer could have possibly seen this explosion from him. He had a career high of 26 points in 80 games up until this year. Anyone trying to act like they knew he was all of a sudden at 26 going to blossom into a legit top 6 player is full of it. Go back and look at all those line combo threads prior to the season - how many had him above the 4th line? Like 2?

That said, I'm glad he's doing what he's doing. It's been super fun to watch. It's what makes sports interesting. But no one, not even our organization, thought this was possible.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
colorado is a first round choke waiting to happen with that goaltending. toronto and them are a cut of the same cloth. this team can play with anyone if they get elite goaltending. thats what the playoffs always comes down to, timely scoring and elite goaltending. I hope the blues are the underdogs in every series they play, assuming they make the playoffs.

TBH its kinda stupid to think about the playoffs this season though since a covid wave could wipe out even the best team. Going to be crazy to see WHEN a team is in total control of a series before covid turns the tide and cost them the series. Remember in 2003 when the Blues had the Canucks dead to rights before a flu wave wiped them out and they lost the series in 7? they wont stop a series for any team unless 1 or 2 avalanche people get it, in which case the entire league will shut down until they are healthy and cleared.
At least the NHL will now stop testing "asymptomatic" players.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
We need to figure how to play in the 1st period. Now; instead of digging holes we can’t get out of tin the second.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
And when he doesn't, and Binnington gives up 4 more, will you guys finally admit he doesn't have it this year?
Some of us have longer attention spans. Let’s see how Husso fares against better teams as the season goes along before we push Binnington to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad