Injury Report: Chris Phillips

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Phillips is playing hard but man does he ever cough up the puck. I mean he must have 5-8 primo giveaways a game. It sucks he's doing everything else pretty well but man those cough ups are glaring.

Yep, hopefully Phillips takes all the time in the world to get back. And if Cowen were to be made a healthy scratch again...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
freddy claesson come on down(/up)

edit: oh boro seems to be fine now paired with karlsson. maybe freddy needs to wait some more

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
To bad to hear this, the last thing our defense needs is an injury to one of our better defensemen.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
He was a pretty unheralded draft pick from the 2009 draft. Has impressed from his first rookie camp.

Tearing it up in Bingo this season so far. Fantastic on the PP.

I don't know why but I always think Wideman is some old minor league vet we signed as a free agent. It would be cool if he played some games for us.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Phillips is playing hard but man does he ever cough up the puck. I mean he must have 5-8 primo giveaways a game. It sucks he's doing everything else pretty well but man those cough ups are glaring.

Yeah. I've loved his improvement defensively, but with the puck he's still so bad.

Twice at the wings game he made bonehead plays.

Offensively holding the blueline. The puck gets rimmed around by Detroit and its bobbling. No one is near phillips. He has time to get on a knee and block it, get up and play the puck, but instead swings at the puck with his stick and the puck goes out.

Secondly, Detroit had a power play, and the puck gets loose. Phillips is first on it and has time to slap it, wrist it,heck, he had time to hold on to it. But what does he do? Nervously hold the puck until he sends a weak flick of a puck right to the wings player and they keep it in. He seems to often not get anything on his clearance attempts. Little flicks along the boards that get stopped when he can wrist or slap it down center lane down the ice.

But I am loving the defensive improvements. He's sticking with his guys and not getting walked. He's covering the right guys. he's not pointing :laugh:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If Borowiecki is ready to play, then there is no need for another Dman from Binghamton to be brought in. I am not certain that either Claesson nor Wideman are ready for Nhl level play at this time. We seem to have more than enough Dmen at this time. What the team needs is better Dmen. Hopefully Methot comes back soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: