Youtube: Chris Neil vs Derek Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal

I think it was classless for Neil to celebrate after giving a guy a clear cheap shot while he was down on the ice already.

Old school fighters always praised the code of not hitting players while they're down on the ice and showboating to the crowd. And Neil did both there. Neil's one of my favorite bottom 6 players btw, but I think he crossed the line there.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
he fired up his team anf the fans in the area. they came back and won. great job by neil. i would be mad if i was dorrsett as well....its tough when your job is to be the tough guy and you suck at your job.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
I find the whole 'don't hit when down/when linesmen step in' thing has gone out the window over the past few years. There's tons of examples of it, although not saying I like it.

The arm wave is cringeworthy, I hate it when he does it.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Where have you guys been for the last decade. Neil always does this.

Somebody come do something about it and he might stop.

Also if Dorsett is hurt he shouldn't have been in the lineup.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I love Dorsett's whiny interview after. Dorsett let himself get completely trolled by a master troll. There is a reason Neil has been in the league so long. If Dorsett keeps fighting guys, while he has a bad hand, and while his team is up 2-0 on the road, he'll be fighting guys in bars for money soon enough.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I wasn't a fan of the late shots, but I have no issue with pumping up the crowd. That's supposed to be the point of fighting when you're down, why hide it? It's a different story if there's someone who's actually hurt mind you.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wasn't a fan of the late shots, but I have no issue with pumping up the crowd. That's supposed to be the point of fighting when you're down, why hide it? It's a different story if there's someone who's actually hurt mind you.

Pretty much. Although I can also see why it'd irritate Dorsett in this scenario (given the punches while he was down/held by the linesmen).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Dorsett is being a bit of a baby there. Getting tired of hearing about fighter's honour and valour and whatnot. Give me a break.

The linesmen are to blame for the late shot.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Dorsett is being a bit of a baby there. Getting tired of hearing about fighter's honour and valour and whatnot. Give me a break.

The linesmen are to blame for the late shot.

you dont sock someone in the back of the head, period

Neils a goof and that fight had nothing to do with game outcome the weird reffing did

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I love Dorsett's whiny interview after. Dorsett let himself get completely trolled by a master troll. There is a reason Neil has been in the league so long. If Dorsett keeps fighting guys, while he has a bad hand, and while his team is up 2-0 on the road, he'll be fighting guys in bars for money soon enough.

yeah derek dorsett who first off all snows a kid and tries to goad freaking rene bork to fight ( unsuccesfully) decides to headbutt "killer" mike weaver in the tailing end of a settled game, to have him talking about players with no class is rich, rich I tell you.

He deserves more than he got. What comes around goes around and no one should be shedding any tears for dorsett, you should be hoping he gets fed more often ( beause really ita not that hard)

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I don't have a problem with what Neil did. It is a fight.You stop throwing punches until the linesmen break it up. The 2nd shot might have been uncalled for but the first one was fine.

There was no code. Orr would always fight until the linesmen basically dragged him off the other guy.

Here is Dave Brown trying to send Kyte's head through the ice

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Pumping the crowd is fine, IMO it's poor sportsmanship as you shouldn't mock someone but that's just me.

The punch to the back of the head was pretty poor, the one to the face when he was on the ground is a joke - this is what people can't stand about Chris Neil. He's a valuable player but I hate this crap.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Pumping the crowd is fine, IMO it's poor sportsmanship as you shouldn't mock someone but that's just me.

The punch to the back of the head was pretty poor, the one to the face when he was on the ground is a joke - this is what people can't stand about Chris Neil. He's a valuable player but I hate this crap.

Look at bells fight card then look at dorsett. See the difference?

A fake tough guy wants to fight skilled players but duck guys because of a hand problem. Mabey he wouldn't be such a punching bag if he started all if his skirmishes with a jimmy snuka style head butt.

Don't like Neil all you want, he will still go with pretty much anyone.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Both of these guys are rats. I don't mind pumping up the crowd if it was a good fight, but to celebrate like that after a hugfest? :laugh:
Dorsett didn't seem to have a problem challenging Phaneuf to a fight on Saturday with that bad hand, give it a break

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Look at bells fight card then look at dorsett. See the difference?

A fake tough guy wants to fight skilled players but duck guys because of a hand problem. Mabey he wouldn't be such a punching bag if he started all if his skirmishes with a jimmy snuka style head butt.

Don't like Neil all you want, he will still go with pretty much anyone.

From time to time, Neil may go with almost anyone. He, more than most, has a reputation to pick his spots though. This has come up more than once on HFboards also.

I would have happily had him on my team a few years ago but I hate that he continuously punches people when the fight is over and they are on the ground.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
The announcers bring up a great point, however, that's digging way deeper than anyone should ever have to dig for a simple hockey fight.

I read the comments first before watching the fight: that was barely even a fight. There is more action after the fight than there was during it.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Won the fight? Check.

Got the crowd into the game? Check.

Lit a fire under his teammates? Check.

Invented Evil? Check.

Trolled HF? You better believe that's a "Check".:laugh:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Where have you guys been for the last decade. Neil always does this.

Somebody come do something about it and he might stop.

Also if Dorsett is hurt he shouldn't have been in the lineup.

He said he had a sore hand, you know that hurts when you punch things, not when you shoot the puck. I actually have no issue with what neil did, except for the uncalled for shot after.

As for it firing up the sens, thats one way of looking at it, from a canucks perspective the turning point for us was the penalty parade that started in the 2nd while playing the 3rd game in 4 nights, sens could tell we were fading and took advantage, similar to what montreal did to us again for our 4th game. Good teams never give up and despite the sens record they have lost quite a few close games that could have went either way from an outside perspective. And from my view karlsson lead the way for that comeback.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad