Confirmed with Link: Chris Neil officially annouces his retirement

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
The answer is Adam Mair.

I'm genuinely curious how the rest of the NHL viewed this whole incident and the aftermath. I don't think we've seen anything come close to this situation where a line of fighters/scrappers drops the gloves with a line of skilled players as retaliation.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm genuinely curious how the rest of the NHL viewed this whole incident and the aftermath. I don't think we've seen anything come close to this situation where a line of fighters/scrappers drops the gloves with a line of skilled players as retaliation.

explain please, and post a vid!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Haha, ah you were talking about that game.... So classic. RIP Ray, one of the best Sens moments forever. This is an image that should be immortalized in the concourse.

Look at the players on the bench, and people don't think this stuff matters to the guys on the ice...

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Did anyone hear Biron say he thought Neil should have been suspended for the remainder of that season for his hit on Drury? What a f***ing clown.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
I thought you were referencing the Ottawa-Kings brawl where Mair came off the bench because Neil was pummeling a non fighter?

Just re-watched that brawl I thought Neil's fight (no idea who it was against) was in response to Laperriere going after Persson and Deadmarsh going after Redden? I can't fully remember how all those shenanigans started.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Just re-watched that brawl I thought Neil's fight (no idea who it was against) was in response to Laperriere going after Persson and Deadmarsh going after Redden? I can't fully remember how all those shenanigans started.

I was there that night. A surreal turn of events. When Mair jumped off the bench it sounded like the Beatles just got on the stage...deafening

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Yep. You got it. Allison started with Hnidy but they still attacked the star players.1

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Haha, ah you were talking about that game.... So classic. RIP Ray, one of the best Sens moments forever. This is an image that should be immortalized in the concourse.

Look at the players on the bench, and people don't think this stuff matters to the guys on the ice...

I don't think many fans remember this, but McGrattan was dropped by Peters earlier (I can't remember if it was earlier that season or the season before) in a nasty TKO. This fight was revenge for the game before, but also for himself. He definitely gave Peters a good beating in this fight. Between this fight and the Domi fight, McGrattan always showed up for the big fights and turned them into huge team moments. Always liked him since I saw him walk on to our rookie tournament as an unsigned prospect playing at the Robert Guertin Arena in Gatineau sometime in the early 00's.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I don't think many fans remember this, but McGrattan was dropped by Peters earlier (I can't remember if it was earlier that season or the season before) in a nasty TKO. This fight was revenge for the game before, but also for himself. He definitely gave Peters a good beating in this fight. Between this fight and the Domi fight, McGrattan always showed up for the big fights and turned them into huge team moments. Always liked him since I saw him walk on to our rookie tournament as an unsigned prospect playing at the Robert Guertin Arena in Gatineau sometime in the early 00's.

The Domi fight was an absolute integral part of the Ottawa Senators History, we had it all going for us and adding the top fighter in the game at the time was the cherry on top, rarely does a moment in time prophesize so clearly the days and years to come....man those were the greatest of times!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Jeanerette's call here after the Neil-Mair fight is one of my favourites ever:

Shows how much of an impact he had. The opposing commentators were absolutely tilted at how much he could do and get away with.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Jeanerette's call here after the Neil-Mair fight is one of my favourites ever:

Shows how much of an impact he had. The opposing commentators were absolutely tilted at how much he could do and get away with.
So much whining...love it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad