Chris Neil 1,000th game

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Love that guy and everything about the way he played. Shame he's the end of an era.

1000 games and 2500 penalty minutes won't be done again by any young guy coming into the league.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
A great achievement, one of those heart and soul guys that all teams like, one tough MF too.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Sens fans should vote him onto the All Star game. He's not going to get any league awards, but an All Star appearance would be a good recognition for his career.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
good for him, he just sticks around and gives value every year.
random side note i had a coworker by the same name and I used to tell him about neil. that coworker died fairly young of cancer a few years back; never thought neil's nhl career would outlive him :/

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
What's most amazing is how he has kept his play so clean. Few have been able to deliver as punishing a blow while staying on the good side of the department of player safety.

Right...

This loser should have been booted out of the league a long time ago. He's a step behind Raffi Torres and Matt Cooke.

F this guy

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Never been suspended. He played right on the edge but never crossed it. Total professional and a real class act in the league.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Thank you for posting this - I had forgotten about it. One of the best hits I've ever seen. Makes sure not to hit Boychuk high, glides into it and delivers a devastating, clean bodycheck.

The hit on Drury will go down as one of the biggest plays of his career because it started the line brawl and juiced up the rivalry with Buffalo. It's hard to say whether Neil hit Drury in the shoulder or head, but it doesn't really matter as that was a clean hit in the NHL at that time.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Never liked him but props for longevity. 1000 games is going to get harder and harder to do the way injuries pile up. He played the game the right way even though he crossed the line more than he got caught for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad