Chris Neil 1,000th game

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Tonight the Sens visit LA and Chris Neil suits up for his 1,000th game (all with the Sens). Pretty amazing he's reached the mark, especially with one team, considering the brand of hockey he plays.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
It's always special when a player hits the 1000 game mark, but I think it's especially cool given Neil's role. He really is one of the hardest working players in the entire league. You don't have to like him, but you damn well have to respect him.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Mad respect. Dude came to the league as an undersized fighter and was welcomed to the NHL by the likes of prime Tie Domi and prime Chris Simon...and he's still around 15 years later.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
What's most amazing is how he has kept his play so clean. Few have been able to deliver as punishing a blow while staying on the good side of the department of player safety.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Guy plays 1000 games and his role is one of the toughest one to play in hockey and punishing his body yet we still see some comments like this. Classy guy you are, wow. Neil has given so much to the community in Ottawa and has been a warrior for all those years, I think he deserves to be recognized to say the least.

I'd be the first one to congratulate another teams player on playing 1000 games. That's a pretty remarkable feat for a player like him or any player for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Guy plays 1000 games and his role is one of the toughest one to play in hockey and punishing his body yet we still see some comments like this. Classy guy you are, wow. Neil has given so much to the community in Ottawa and has been a warrior for all those years, I think he deserves to be recognized to say the least.

I'd be the first one to congratulate another teams player on playing 1000 games. That's a pretty remarkable feat for a player like him or any player for that matter.

To be fair, I'm not sure Habs fans even knew tough guys exist

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Impressive career for a guy who's never been a high-end player. 3rd-4th liners usually don't last so long.

As a Sabres fan, I wish he'd hurry up and retire though. :laugh:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Mad respect. Dude came to the league as an undersized fighter and was welcomed to the NHL by the likes of prime Tie Domi and prime Chris Simon...and he's still around 15 years later.

Domi himself is only like 5' 8'. He lists taller but i've met him in person.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Chris Neil is ****ing awesome. Always wished he would have been on the Bruins.

Didn't he almost sign there the last time he got a "long term" contract for 2mil? I think you guys offered him the same contract so he opted to stay home.

Not sure why he's still playing but congrats.

Pretty much getting 1 year extensions until he hangs em up. Which probably is this year.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Didn't he almost sign there the last time he got a "long term" contract for 2mil? I think you guys offered him the same contract so he opted to stay home.

Pretty much getting 1 year extensions until he hangs em up. Which probably is this year.

To my knowledge the Bruins actually offered him more money, I think 2.2 million per season.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I'm surprised that a player of thay calibre played 1,000 games in the nhl. Especially in this day and age.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
One of the few remaining old school players from a different era. 1000 games for a player of his type doesn't happen often, especially not all on the same team.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Congrats Neil! Such a huge achievement! And to think he also did it with only one team...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad