Speculation: Chris Kreider's Next Contract

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
he will prob get less than what ppl think he should get based on potential and his impact in the postseason. hes coming off a year with less than 40 points and thats his career high.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
Don't know what the finals numbers will be but think he will get more of a mcdonagh type contract than a stepan one.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Sather will put the screws to him.

Hes had a pretty checkered career thus far book-ended by 2 good playoff performances. Not much there to warrant a big deal IMO.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
he will prob get less than what ppl think he should get based on potential and his impact in the postseason. hes coming off a year with less than 40 points and thats his career high.

I can see what you are saying, but once he got called up again, his PPG average over the course of a season puts him at a 46pt pace.

And being a point a game guy in the PO's is going to help.

Still think he gets 2 years, but thinking 2.75 per

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
tough to say for sure, but the rangers are going to have to be cheap. even buying out Richards makes keeping the rest of our guys extremely difficult.

arunnair87

Aug 12, 2009
Even if it's a bridge, I feel like he could get over $3M

Kreider, is that you?

There's no way you're getting 3 million/year man. Got to put up some more points in the regular season if you want that.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Kreider, is that you?

There's no way you're getting 3 million/year man. Got to put up some more points in the regular season if you want that.

just saying it could happen. For example, if the Hawks resign Saad to a similar figure, Kreider could have leverage or at least a case for that or similar figure and while unlikely, there will be GMs happy to sign Kreids to an offer sheet. He's going to be one of those players that will be worth the compensation. And NO, this isn't Kreider :p: this is his agent. :naughty: :sarcasm:

tjs252

Feb 10, 2007
The McDonagh contract kind of threw me for a loop as it was out of Sather's typical 2 year bridge move.

Best Guess: no more than 4 years at no more than $4 mil. At the end of the day, any payment would still be based on potential. I love his game and I honestly believe he's the future up front, but can't pay for potential with long term commitments to Henrik, Girardi, Richards, Nash and likely Staal.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
The McDonagh contract kind of threw me for a loop as it was out of Sather's typical 2 year bridge move.

Best Guess: no more than 4 years at no more than $4 mil. At the end of the day, any payment would still be based on potential. I love his game and I honestly believe he's the future up front, but can't pay for potential with long term commitments to Henrik, Girardi, Richards, Nash and likely Staal.

Too many other guys to sign to not sign Kreider to a 2 year bridge deal. When a player is oozing with realized talent at a young age like Mcdonagh Sather will sometimes skip the bridge deal. He did the same with Lundqvist.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If you guys continue to use such terminology, RangerBoy will come for you. Fair warning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad